BALL Z MOTORSPORTS...... that's enough.... We get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
Not a personal attack, don't take it that way but you REALLY don't need to post a different ad for EVERY SINGLE ITEM just cuz it's a different color or somethin. One ad for each item and pics /description of different options pertaining to that specific item would be much better served

ban

Ball Z Motorsports Ball Z MotorsportsBall Z Motorsports Ball Z Motorsports
Ball Z Motorsports Ball Z MotorsportsBall Z Motorsports Ball Z Motorsports Ball Z Motorsports Ball Z MotorsportsBall Z Motorsports Ball Z Motorsports Ball Z Motorsports Ball Z MotorsportsBall Z Motorsports Ball Z MotorsportsBall Z Motorsports Ball Z MotorsportsBall Z Motorsports Ball Z Motorsports
Ball Z Motorsports Ball Z MotorsportsBall Z Motorsports Ball Z Motorsports Ball Z Motorsports Ball Z MotorsportsBall Z Motorsports Ball Z Motorsports Ball Z Motorsports Ball Z MotorsportsBall Z Motorsports Ball Z Motorsports Ball Z Motorsports Ball Z MotorsportsBall Z Motorsports Ball Z Motorsports
Ball Z Motorsports Ball Z MotorsportsBall Z Motorsports Ball Z Motorsports Ball Z Motorsports Ball Z MotorsportsBall Z Motorsports Ball Z Motorsports Ball Z Motorsports Ball Z MotorsportsBall Z Motorsports Ball Z MotorsportsBall Z Motorsports Ball Z MotorsportsBall Z Motorsports Ball Z Motorsports
Ball Z Motorsports Ball Z MotorsportsBall Z Motorsports Ball Z Motorsports Ball Z Motorsports Ball Z MotorsportsBall Z Motorsports Ball Z Motorsports Ball Z Motorsports Ball Z MotorsportsBall Z Motorsports Ball Z Motorsports

I like to surf the new posts sections more than others, and there's obviously been alot from Ball Z lately. I of course don't know there reasons either. If I had to guess it would seem that they are really trying hard to get business. Alot of places are struggling now, and I hope that they aren't one of them. They're a sponsor who have been good to alot of members. I know it clutters things up, but lets try not to be too hard them.

As I mentioned in the other thread, there are hacks for vB that would allow the forum to operate better for anyone annoyed by the ballz threads:

Selective Forum Filter - vBulletin.org Forum

DESCRIPTION

Ever came across large boards with a huge number of sub forums? Couldn't find your info? Wanted to run away from that huge load of stupid threads? This hack is intended to save your users from having such a horrible experience. It provides them with an opportunity to exclude any number of forums from the forums list (as well as from "get new"/"get daily" searches), which still letting them to access those forums directly and search within them, too.

Why in the world would we put a hack up to block a forum so that you could not see a paying advertisers forum?

It doesn't block his forum. It allows users to select which forums are included in the new posts search. Even if a forum is excluded, you can still search it, and can still browse to it.

I'll be blunt here - there is no reason for ballz to post 3 threads on the same product, one thread for each color option of the item. It is illogical and adds a lot of unnecessary noise. I'd love to hear someone come up with a counter point to why a separate thread is required for each color option :)

Here is an easy one...

Because we have over 300,000 indexes with Google alone! We send a sitemap to google each day and each of the post that ballz posts gets added to that index each night... So they get a benefit of SEO from simply adding content....

There are a lot more but since you just asked for one....

cap

Because we have over 300,000 indexes with Google alone! We send a sitemap to google each day and each of the post that ballz posts gets added to that index each night... So they get a benefit of SEO from simply adding content....

The users are finding the new forum posts unusable because of the "spam" from ballz.

A user who isn't signed in (like googlebot) will find that the new forum posts don't display anything! Instead, they'll be directed to see the daily digest instead. Thus a modification to the new threads page won't have any effect on ballz's google results from this forum.

My last post on the topic...

PS: I run a few vb forums myself. So I'm aware of the considerations.

Last edited:
The users are finding the new forum posts unusable because of the "spam" from ballz.

A user who isn't signed in (like googlebot) will find that the new forum posts don't display anything! Instead, they'll be directed to see the daily digest instead. Thus a modification to the new threads page won't have any effect on ballz's google results from this forum.

Actually you are wrong. The threads Ball Z posts will come up in googles results and high for that matter because of the traffic of the Org. I have made new threads and then googled the topic i made the thread on to find info elsewhere and my thread is one of googles top search results. So it does increase Ball Z's visibility. Its just damn annoying. Like he told me it is almost finished and I hope he is right cause im tired of seeing it all.

lol. You gotta reel me in by calling me wrong.

There's nothing wrong with my statement.

Ahhh i had to read it a few times again. Yeah im sorry i thought you meant him posting wont affect his results. My bad i apologize :laugh:

Sorry Ball Z Motorsports is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.

If that limit wasn't in place, I wonder if the forum configuration would silently drop their new threads in the new forum posts.

Ahhh i had to read it a few times again. Yeah im sorry i thought you meant him posting wont affect his results. My bad i apologize :laugh:

My engrish sometimes isn't so good. :)

In the new post you can easily identify the Ballz posts by the forum they are in. As a matter of fact they are color coded too..

i like to just hit the new posts button myself, and earlier there were 13 of 15 on page 2 that all belong to ballz "reposting" the same item. i know they are a site sponser and all, but surely there has to be a better way to get the ads out there ???

i like to just hit the new posts button myself, and earlier there were 13 of 15 on page 2 that all belong to ballz "reposting" the same item. i know they are a site sponser and all, but surely there has to be a better way to get the ads out there ???

They are not reposting the same item over and over... Each post is a unique item, maybe similiar but not the same..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back