Bald Tires

Hectic

Registered
Hey .org, quick question. I run a set of Michelin Power one compound B's on my bike. They're pretty well at the end of their life, and I've gotten far more than I'd expected out of them. This week, I'm planning on heading down to the dragon with some hoons, and I was wondering how safe they might be. The sidewalls are in great shape, and there's plenty of material where I'll be leaning, but the center barely has any tread left.

Do you think these will be safe for one last trip before I get them replaced?
4409a059-4043-eb38.jpg

New tires are cheap compared to that Life Flight ride. Actually you can buy a new busa for what that chopper ride will cost.

You decide!

Wheelers Cycle Shop changed my rear tire for $25 while I waited in April.

Give him a call. He might have a good tire at a great price. This guy does a great service to all bikers. He puts stands and bike products out in the parking lot for all to use on the free. If you need a tool all you do is ask. I've never been refused.

http://www.wheelersperformance.com/

I knew a guy that only like to rip the twisties when I lived back in E Tn and he could take other guys tires that looked like that from just straight up riding(they called them highway take-offs) and put them on and go rip all day long and when he got done the sides looked worse than the center and he never had any problems. Guess you can say he got the full life out of those tires and saved quite a bit change doing it. All depends on your comfort level on them, if I was already there and they looked like that I wouldn't be afraid to rip on them but that's me :whistle:. I guess it would depend on whether you were riding it there or trailering it would depend on whether you will be needing the center. :laugh:

Also depends on which tires you are replacing them with, some new rubber may not be as good as what you already got even worn depending on compound and style of tire.

Like everyone else is saying... I had one with more tread than that a couple months ago, and it was showing coords around the center less than 75 miles later. I wouldn't have known, except it blew a dime-sized hole in the center as we rounded a sweeper at around 60. Change that bad boy before you go to the gap. Even if you do make it, you're gonna be sweating that thing mentally the entire time.

New tires are cheap compared to that Life Flight ride. Actually you can buy a new busa for what that chopper ride will cost.

You decide!

+1.

You can get a new busa, full exhaust and tune and still have money left over!

Hey .org, quick question. I run a set of Michelin Power one compound B's on my bike. They're pretty well at the end of their life, and I've gotten far more than I'd expected out of them. This week, I'm planning on heading down to the dragon with some hoons, and I was wondering how safe they might be. The sidewalls are in great shape, and there's plenty of material where I'll be leaning, but the center barely has any tread left.

Do you think these will be safe for one last trip before I get them replaced?
4409a059-4043-eb38.jpg

you might only get 10 more miles and have the cords showing, i know. :whistle:

correct me if i'm wrong but arent the grooves in our tires only there for wet roads? I say this because when you look at bikes for instance that run motogp, they have no treads, only running on slicks.

Back