Balaclava

Tool

Registered
Need a new Balaclava. Looking for recommendations for one that will fit well under full face helmet.

I have used lighter ones. The main thing is that you get one with as much shoulder/chest coverage as possible. Not to keep your chest warm but to keep the bottom tucked in your jacket. The normal length ones come up out of my jacket and then my totally uncovered throat gets blasted with cold wind. Who cares if they have a warm head if their throat is frozen? :laugh:

@Tool I have put a few of my friends onto a certain brand and they all agreed it worked great!!!

Under Armour Balaclava is the best bang for the buck you can buy hands down.

I ride sportbikes and Harley’s so it fits comfortably under a full face helmet or a half shell. I’ve ridden with an open face style helmet and that mask in mid 30 degree weather on the highway and it kept my face warm!!!

I’ve tried motorcycle brand versions and they don’t fit as good or nearly as effective. Even bought a Nike version and that wasn’t half as good either. Usually you can find em at bobos Sporting goods for under $30 and if you have coupons even cheaper

I wore a neck gaiter in my youth which seemed to work well, can't remember which manufacturer it was made by though. It had a fleece liner and a water proof faux leather outer shell, the good thing about the gaiter is it didn't interfere with my helmet sizing. Kind of like the one in the picture...

images.jpg

Nothing worse than having a cold neck :banghead: I ride year round So I am always wearing some type of neck warmer I have 4 of them Heck even in warm weather they are useful to wear I think :thumbsup:

I bought mine for the Harley Dealer because they normally have a good selection of clothes and things like this. It covers my head and neck and my helmet easily goes over it.

Back