BAH Humbug

poops

Registered
Hope someone can help me with this. I've only owned the bike for 2 weeks.

In the middle of my ride yesterday afternoon, the FI light started blinking and the bike cut off on me. I thought since I was riding relatively slow and soft, maybe the bike overheated. So, I let the bike sit for 30 minutes on the side of the road, while I called a tow truck.

Whenever I tired to start the bike, the FI light will blink and the display would also blink "FI". Whenenver I tried to start it, it'd whine but not kick in.

I finally got a tow truck to transport the scoot to the nearest dealer for a $100. They won't get a chance to take a look at it until Monday or Tuesday.

Anyone else experience this? I appreciate any insight anyone can offer.

Thanks in advance.

poops

any possiblity you accidently hit the fuel cut off switch? might be an easy fix with no money

That's what I was thinking, Vincent! The FI light will come on if the kill switch is tripped.

Wasn't trying to insult you, Poops! Sometimes the easy things slip when you are trying to figure it out, that's all.

You could pull the code. On the right side of the bike, under the tail cowl there is a white connector with a cap on it (it is a 4 wire connector with only 2 wires used). Turn the bike ignition on and then let it cycle 4 seconds then jumper the connector. Then it will give you a code on you clock. Like my clock was flashing FI and I checked mine I pulled a code of C13 that is the AIP sensor. So pull your code and then check in the manual to see what the problem is or post on here and I will tell you just tell me the code.

Wasn't trying to insult you, Poops! Sometimes the easy things slip when you are trying to figure it out, that's all.
Hey BigBusa, I didn't take your suggestion as an insult. That's the problem with these boards and email in general - it is difficult to 'hear' the tone of the typewritten word.

I appreciate your advice. I just wish I could try out all the recommendations I've received so far. Unfortunately, the bike is at the dealer right now and I can't get to it. I'm sure it is something I can fix myself with a little bit of time and access.

I'm going to stop by the stealer tomorrow to take a look at it.

thx.

You could pull the code.  On the right side of the bike, under the tail cowl there is a white connector with a cap on it (it is a 4 wire connector with only 2 wires used).  Turn the bike ignition on and then let it cycle 4 seconds then jumper the connector.  Then it will give you a code on you clock.  Like my clock was flashing FI and I checked mine I pulled a code of C13 that is the AIP sensor.  So pull your code and then check in the manual to see what the problem is or post on here and I will tell you just tell me the code.
good info thanks man this website rules
jump9.gif

Wasn't trying to insult you, Poops!  Sometimes the easy things slip when you are trying to figure it out, that's all.
Hey BigBusa,  I didn't take your suggestion as an insult.  That's the problem with these boards and email in general - it is difficult to 'hear' the tone of the typewritten word.

I appreciate your advice.  I just wish I could try out all the recommendations I've received so far.  Unfortunately, the bike is at the dealer right now and I can't get to it.  I'm sure it is something I can fix myself with a little bit of time and access.

I'm going to stop by the stealer tomorrow to take  a look at it.

thx.
Glad you didn't, but wanted to make sure we were straight! Hope you get the bike fixed quickly!

Back