Phil96

Tail Gunner
Donating Member
Registered
Picked up FLAK for using word "douchebag" in title. (didn't even spell it
correctly:laugh:). described as unfit for the eyes of youngsters. Just
have a simple question: If "douche" is a bad word, then why is it permitted
to be on shelves, in stores, everwhere?
Being a compliant Vampire-nutball, I won't use it again, of course.
But interested in members' opinions.

Hmmm. Most young ears have no idea what the word is even derived from so I dunno.

Douchebag, or simply douche, is considered to be a pejorative term in North America and other English speaking countries. In some English speaking countries the term is not well known. The slang usage of the term dates back to the 1960s.[6] The term refers to a person with a variety of negative qualities, specifically arrogance and engaging in obnoxious and/or irritating actions without malicious intent.

Douche - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hmmm. Most young ears have no idea what the word is even derived from so I dunno.

Douchebag, or simply douche, is considered to be a pejorative term in North America and other English speaking countries. In some English speaking countries the term is not well known. The slang usage of the term dates back to the 1960s.[6] The term refers to a person with a variety of negative qualities, specifically arrogance and engaging in obnoxious and/or irritating actions without malicious intent.

Douche - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks.

Context. If you were comparing and contrasting the relative benefits of douching vs. au natural that would be acceptable - not here in a motorcycle forum just in general. However, if you called Owens231 a douche bag, I think that would be unacceptable.

Last edited:
the site owner can set the rules as to what is acceptable.....mods enforce those rules

why is this so hard for people to understand???

the site owner can set the rules as to what is acceptable.....mods enforce those rules

I think some people want to understand why something is considered bad. I dont think that is a word that is obviously offensive. Im sure that is why Phil is asking. That is how we learn is by asking questions. :rulez:

I think some people want to understand why something is considered bad. I dont think that is a word that is obviously offensive. Im sure that is why Phil is asking. That is how we learn is by asking questions. :rulez:

Amen, sister!:beerchug:r

Douche bag, douche canoe, douche wad...better then some of the alternatives that people can be called. Personally I don't have an issue with this type of language as it does not seem offensive. I can respect people who may find it offensive as it is an issue of what they allow into their home. Being that the ORG keeps a fairly consistent family friendly attitude, I could see where someone would have an issue in the TITLE, later in the thread...nope, but in the title yes.

Picked up FLAK for using word "douchebag" in title. (didn't even spell it
correctly:laugh:). described as unfit for the eyes of youngsters. Just
have a simple question: If "douche" is a bad word, then why is it permitted
to be on shelves, in stores, everwhere?
Being a compliant Vampire-nutball, I won't use it again, of course.
But interested in members' opinions.

:rofl::rofl: You just can't go 24 hours without saying that word can you? I think you like it. Makes you feel all fresh and clean to say that word.

What sound does a water truck make when is collides with a vinegar truck?

"DOUCHE"

He is not having a hard time understanding anything OR complaining about the rules! He was just simply asking a curiosity question.

I'll take a stab at this, even though I don't know the details of what you posted or who fussed...

It's not always "because of the kids" of members here...for anyone lurking, wondering if they should join, it just looks like trash to have that posted up in titles of threads, period. We do try to maintain more respect for EVERYONE, not just children...

Just my :2cents:

Context. If you were comparing and contrasting the relative benefits of douching vs. au natural that would be acceptable - not here in a motorcycle forum just in general. However, if you called Owens231 a douche bag, I think that would be acceptable.

I agree :rofl:

I'll take a stab at this, even though I don't know the details of what you posted or who fussed...

It's not always "because of the kids" of members here...for anyone lurking, wondering if they should join, it just looks like trash to have that posted up in titles of threads, period. We do try to maintain more respect for EVERYONE, not just children...

Just my :2cents:

I think that's a very valid .02. Never thought of it that way.

This has been discussed a number of times. If I have an issue I PM a blue member. Been here for a little while and it's really simple to figure out where the line is and make the effort not to step across it. Not fussing at anyone, not trying to upset anyone, but you can have your opinion on anything in the world but the bottom line is these guys only allow so much.

I don't always agree but I don't have all the answers either. Someone might have greater experiences then me and I really don't question a lot around here. These guys are pretty easy to deal with.

Back