bad undertail really pissed

mcwille

Registered
i bought the top gun undertail off ebay.... here (i love the look of that one) way over paid..... i placed a bid realized i would be out of town when it ended, had a friend watch the auction he bid too high not knowing it could be "buy it now" for $189 i'm not mad about that that was my own fault but i just got it today........ no way in hell it fits...... color was off not that bad... but REALLY BAD fit was anyone elses this bad?
rock.gif
?
i cant ever get the hole on the one side to line up even when i force it to the point of almost breaking

side11.jpg

better shot of the gap
side22.jpg

trying to line the holes up
closeup1.jpg

the back trying to hold it as close together as i can
back.jpg

gap on the other side
otherside2.jpg

do i need to go on........

I would be trying to return that . That is not called for bad product if you ask me ...

Hey it says in the auction, "this part will fit like a glove"...........must have been OJ's glove! That sucks, get you cash back.

also remember that the fit will be a little different when you have the tail section off the bike vs mounted to subframe.... It's common with these volume produced fiberglass tails that there's shrinkage... that's from having no quality control.... I don't kow how much is the sellers fault though...

Get out the heat gun and start working it a little.

(GSXTacy @ May 11 2007,00:49) Hey it says in the auction, "this part will fit like a glove"...........must have been OJ's glove! That sucks, get you cash back.
ices_rofl.gif

(Commuta_Busa @ May 11 2007,03:15) also remember that the fit will be a little different when you have the tail section off the bike vs mounted to subframe.... It's common with these volume produced fiberglass tails that there's shrinkage... that's from having no quality control.... I don't kow how much is the sellers fault though...

Get out the heat gun and start working it a little.
i have to agree with the heat gun idea. i got one off ebay and it fit like yours at first. i used some spring nuts and black #8 screws to hold it together, then heated it until there was no gaps around the seam. the next day, i took it apart, and it stayed where it belonged. hope it helps

Back