Bad timing but I need help from the AR guys

Lurch

The milkman cometh!!!
Donating Member
Registered
First my thoughts and prayers are with the families in CT. A terrible tragedy for sure. I am also praying for the first responders as they will live with the nightmares for the rest of their lives.

Now for the help I need. I pick up my AR/M4 tomorrow. What mags do you guys recommend? I want more than the one that comes with it.

No prob. Don't even waste your money on others.

What AR you gettin? Where?

Magpul's seem to be the industry favorite at the moment. They just came out with a 3rd Gen (new plastic formula) but the 2nd Gen's seem to work just fine. I like the one's with the window in them.

For month's worth of info you can learn about the platform, www.m4carbine.net is one heck of a resource. You may be dissapointed to find out whether the brand you purchased is considered a 2nd or 3rd tier rifle (but, depending on it's use, that may be just fine).

Magpul pmags can be had for about 13 bucks. In FDE 30 rounders.

Sent from my Ford F-150 using Forum Runner

I think we have consensus on magpuls. My personal rule is train with the same tools you'll use.

Get the Pmags (those with window are best), train with them, load them up and keep them ready for action. Good to go.

No prob. Don't even waste your money on others.

What AR you gettin? Where?

I bought the Sig Sauer 516 patrol in flat earth. Saw it last weekend when I went to order my Clevland Holster and fell in love. SO I bought it tonight. Shorty took it to the gun show in Waukesha so he has to bring it back to the shop for me. Hoping tomorrow to have it in my hands so I can sleep with like the good old days. LOL.

I bought the Sig Sauer 516 patrol in flat earth. Saw it last weekend when I went to order my Clevland Holster and fell in love. SO I bought it tonight. Shorty took it to the gun show in Waukesha so he has to bring it back to the shop for me. Hoping tomorrow to have it in my hands so I can sleep with like the good old days. LOL.

:worthless:

Need to have it in my hands first Sir. LOL

This is not mine but from the web.
SGR516G2-16B-P-FDE_1.jpg

SGR516G2-16B-P-FDE_1.jpg

Kyle and I went shopping this morning, picked up another 3 pmags today and some ammo. I still need a vice block and a punch set.

Need to have it in my hands first Sir. LOL

This is not mine but from the web.
View attachment 257121

Me Likely. I like the Coyote Brown better than FDE, but SHARP. In the end, I decided against it though, Black will not show crud as bad. You could put a nice supressor on that (while you still can)....

Back