Bad news

unkleslapnutz

Donating Member
Registered
So my rottie Nate (see pic below) developed a knot on his leg about 3 weeks ago. I took him to the vet today because it has gotten bigger and they told me he has terminal cancer. Gave me some pain meds for him and said just to make him comfortable until he stops moving so much and then bring him in to be put down.

Life suck sometimes.

MVC_021S__Medium_.JPG

So sorry to hear this. I know how attached I've become to pets all my life it never gets easier. Take care and take heart....I'm sure he has enjoyed your friendship as much as you have enjoyed his.

Paul

i lost my rottweiler last year, i know the pain your going threw. nothing i can say to help, i wish there was.

Man I'm sorry. I had to put Zeus down a year and a half ago. I miss him very much. My wife keeps wanting me to get another dog, but i'm not ready. It will be another Rott when i'm ready. They are the best dogs. I love their personalities and how loving and faithful they are.
sad.gif

Brother life's ends bring new life......
Do him a favor and take the week off...
Take him to a park.
Take him to a steakhouse
Take him to the mountains
Take him to the Beach....
And put your good friend down before gets really bad for him.
Send him off with dignity.
This is an instant where a good size dose of heroin would be a positive thing for him.
Send to Nirvana before he can't make it on his own.
Kiss'm goodbye for us

Hate to hear it. I had a Shar Pei for 10years and suddenly he stopped eating. Went to my regular Vet (F&*%* Idiot) he says he was fine and take him home. A few more days of this and I go to my Moms Vet...he takes blood (Dah) and has high white blood cells we have to open him up. Get a call the next day and he is eaten up with cancer nothing they can do. He was surprised I came back and got him to bury him my own yard. Cost me $800 dollars for the Vet.

A few years later I got 2 boxers. Spent $700 for both and another $4000 in vet bills for the first 9 months....ears clip, broke leg, stick stuck in eye, girl fixed, swollen head from insect bite. I was having bad luck with the Boxers. Now I have one (duchess) and my Dad has the other (Duke) All is good.

(BlueHaya @ Sep. 22 2006,17:58) Hate to hear it.  I had a Shar Pei for 10years and suddenly he stopped eating.  Went to my regular Vet (F&*%* Idiot) he says he was fine and take him home.  A few more days of this and I go to my Moms Vet...he takes blood (Dah) and has high white blood cells we have to open him up.  Get a call the next day and he is eaten up with cancer nothing they can do.  He was surprised I came back and got him to bury him my own yard.  Cost me $800 dollars for the Vet.

A few years later I got 2 boxers. Spent $700 for both and another $4000 in vet bills for the first 9 months....ears clip, broke leg, stick stuck in eye, girl fixed, swollen head from insect bite.  I was having bad luck with the Boxers.  Now I have one (duchess) and my Dad has the other (Duke)  All is good.
A boxer and no heart murmor? Unthinkable.

Thanks for the support. I think I am going to spend the week with him and then next week I am going to end his pain. The vet said the type of cancer he has it will spread very quickly. I dont want to see it come to that. It just sucks. You never belive he will be gone but then life hits.

Life is what happens when you plan on doing other things.....Thanks again everyone.

Oh, sorry to hear about this. Good luck & enjoy what time you will have left with your friend!

Been through it with are German Shep. She died of cancer also. It impacted our family more than we expected. We had her for many many years. Take care

For future reference, if you do have a dog breed that is likely to have health issues, get health insurance for them. It will save you a lot of $$$$$ and grief in the long run.

I took my dog to an animal clinic to simply get a grooming. Well, unless your dog had been up to date with all the shots by their records they give them to the dog (without my permission mind you) and charged me over $100. Last time I went there.

My dog has less of a chance of getting sick than I do. He's indoors 90% of the time. Also, look at PetShed.com for dog treatments such as Revolution.

I'm truly sorry to hear about your friend. I can't imagine what it will be like when the time comes for my friend Thor.

I would like to make a suggestion... don't let him go into that room alone and be put to sleep. Be there with him in the end. It will be one of the hardest things you'll ever do, but Nate will feel so much better with you by his side.

Godspeed.

That sucks man. For those who have never spent any time around a rottie, they have no idea what they are missing. I love my Mojo to death.

Sorry to hear the bad news! My heart and prayers go out to you and your rottie.

In the last 9 months Domino (ESS) has entered into my heart, and I'll never be the same again. I didn't realize how much I miss my last dog, until I got Domino. Spud, my last ESS, quit eating and had trouble moving her back legs. We put her down a few days later. The vet said she would only get worse. She's currently waiting for me in heaven. She'll be there to greet Nate when he arrives.

Back