Bad news

(GSXTacy @ Sep. 23 2006,00:41) That sucks man. For those who have never spent any time around a rottie, they have no idea what they are missing.....
+100

I had a Rottie, also. 12 years. Had to put her down for cancer, also, about 8 years ago. THE BEST friend anyone could have........... everytime I see a Rottie, I think of her....
Sorry about yours, man.

Thanks for the support. I think I am going to spend the week with him and then next week I am going to end his pain. The vet said the type of cancer he has it will spread very quickly. I dont want to see it come to that. It just sucks. You never belive he will be gone but then life hits.
[/Quote]
I know just what you are going thu man...Dogs are better than most people.
5 yrs ago,I had a greyhound that we adopted from the racetrack.We had her for about 8 years and she was my wifes baby.She developed a big tumor on her leg which used to bleed all over the house...
Finally the vet told us we just had to do what was right.
We made an appt. for the following week on a saturday,which kjust so happened to be Halloween.I cried for days as the countdown began,and even worse after. The vet gave us some tranquilizers to give to 'Goldie' prior to him showing up at our house to do the job.
The real ironic thing was that 3 years later on Halloween,my 1st son was born....I still can accept wether it was just a coincidence or what....

Good luck bro,and remember...real men do cry!
beerchug.gif

Sorry to hear.

Hardest thing I did in my life, was take my dog to the vet for the last time.... its for the better, but it doesn't make it any easier.

From a fellow Rott owner I am sorry. They are the best pets in the world. The mother of ours died 2 years ago of cancer.

Dayum shame, sorry to hear the news.

Make him confortable and dont let him suffer.

OH GOD MAN!!! I had the same exact thing happen with my siberian. I feel for ya. Just remember that its selfish to keep him alive for YOU! I held him in my arms when they gave him the shot and it was the hardest thing I've ever done!!! and that was 7 years ago and I still cry about it. Best thing is I have a tattoo of him on my shoulder so he's always with me. Gods speed

sad.gif
I'm just sorry to hear it...poor Nate...and ending his suffering is the toughest thing to do, but it's also the most incredibly loving thing you can do...

I'd just like to have one pet, one time, that goes peacefully in his/her sleep...seems I've always been faced with the decision and it's never, ever easy...

My thoughts are with you...

Also,my wife had ours cremated and we have a wooden earn (sp?) with Goldies picture on it...

I'm so sorry to hear that. A few years back we had a little black kitten named Sambucca. We had him for 1 year and found out he had Leukemia. Within a week of finding out we had to put him down. My wife & I were crushed.

I'm so sorry for Nate.

Back