Bad mouthin the .org?

Can't say Ali will be missed though.

B06B3022-D472-42F3-84E8-426C9E3E4680.gif

They come and they go...the ORG is the greatest place on the planet until its not. At that point peoples true colors actually shine. The dude was a menace. I think his career has gone to his head and he has become that which he gurads. Good ridance. Really surprised at Dan though.

One boxer you don't hear much about anymore is Larry Holmes. He won 69 of 75 fights. It seems like he was the heavy weight champ for quite some time. Tyson did drop him when Holmes was 38 years old.
Holmes was way past his prime & needed the money. 3 million is hard to say no to and tempted him back in. Watched that fight with my father & all he said was this is sad Larry was really something in his prime he shouldn't still be fighting this is a shame. I had seen all the fights growing up and the way he made the comment got my attention; making me look at the situation differently, boxing has always been a grimy business. As big a Tyson fan as I was it was an end of an era.

Another boxer you don’t hear about although he was 19&2 is Marvin Frazer. All or nearly all of his pro fights went the distance with unanimous decisions. His first loss was a TKO by Larry Holmes who beat him silly in the first round. And he musta been retawded to get into the ring with a 24&0 Mike Tyson who knocked him unconscious in about 20 seconds. “I threw a jab and that’s all I remember.” :laugh:

Another boxer you don’t hear about although he was 19&2 is Marvin Frazer. All or nearly all of his pro fights went the distance with unanimous decisions. His first loss was a TKO by Larry Holmes who beat him silly in the first round. And he musta been retawded to get into the ring with a 24&0 Mike Tyson who knocked him unconscious in about 20 seconds. “I threw a jab and that’s all I remember.” :laugh:
‘Ewerybody has a plan until they get socked in the mouf!’

Back