bad fuel pump

Good advice Rubb,

I can tell you from experience. If you got bad gas, backflushing is only a temporary fix. I did it four times on my bike before I broke down and bought a new filter. At best I got about 80 percent performance for around 200 miles and then right back to where it was. This was along with multiple tanks of Seafoam or techron. Did the same for my buddies Busa and he only got 300 miles before his crapped out again. Although the filter is large the actual filter medium is pretty small and is prone to clogging up.

Lookie here! https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/maintenance-do-yourself/173188-fuel-filter-drama-over.html

A backflush is a good diagnostic and will let you know it's a filter but won't last long.

@rubbersidedown you wouldn't happen to know where i can get a step by step for cleaning the fuel filter with pictures do you? just in case i have to go that route

Make sure you remove the pump from the filter before backflushing it. It just slides out the bottom of the filter but it takes a little force. Lube your o-rings before reassembly. Make sure all leads are not just motorcycle tight but "Fuel Pump" tight. Draw a picture of how the leads go before dissassembly. Hope your backflush works longer than mine did.

The person who had the bike b4 me installed s air shifter incorrectly and that was causing my bike to cut off and back on so I had it removed and havent had any problems ever since

Kenny doesn't sound like the same problem, sounds like other issues!
having similar issues..was riding and... poof! it shut off then came back on..then shut off again then came back on. F1 light came on and starting flashing all the way home..was hoping bike wouldnt die on me..was in the middle of the boonies at night!

Kenny doesn't sound like the same problem, sounds like other issues!

hmmm....ecu unit then?

when the problem started, i took tank apart and cleaned the fuel pump. bike run good. really good infact. then yesterday, it just shut off. now it turns over but wont start. m gonna change spark plugs when i get time

Are you sure the wire did not pull out of the connector again?
As for the filter, there is no way to really to clean them in inside!
hmmm....ecu unit then?

when the problem started, i took tank apart and cleaned the fuel pump. bike run good. really good infact. then yesterday, it just shut off. now it turns over but wont start. m gonna change spark plugs when i get time

Back