Bad day @ work ? Lets hear them .

c10

Registered
Today a customer flipped like a light switch. / bipolar??? Good guy but wow was I shocked! He sent me a message a few hours later.

This is what I sent back about 5 minutes ago.

David I have had all day to think about today's incident. I've always enjoyed calls @ your buildings. The response from you was as expected as a asteroid hitting the earth. You looked ready to fight with shaking lips, and turned really red. I'm lost @ the comments of your not scared of me, and my lack of size.
My supervisor said you felt as though my speaking was treating you like a child. My apologies if that's how it came across. He also said you still loved me ( my qualities of workmanship)
If the stress is this rough it may be time for a job change. Health is more important than them.

On the tags. I guess it's hard to understand it's the law. When the tags disappear with no correction tag if something ever happens it comes back to the state licensed person aka me, and companies 2nd. I have to answer the question to the state fire Marshall's office. My license can be temporarily suspended preventing making a living till the outcome is determined. This has become a habit of the place that employs you.
I looked you up on FB to see what your life is like. There are many things in common between us.
The last thing I want to do is fight with a customer.
I hope your bad day gets better soon.

Screenshot_20190619-144847.png

Today a customer flipped like a light switch. / bipolar??? Good guy but wow was I shocked! He sent me a message a few hours later.

This is what I sent back about 5 minutes ago.

David I have had all day to think about today's incident. I've always enjoyed calls @ your buildings. The response from you was as expected as a asteroid hitting the earth. You looked ready to fight with shaking lips, and turned really red. I'm lost @ the comments of your not scared of me, and my lack of size.
My supervisor said you felt as though my speaking was treating you like a child. My apologies if that's how it came across. He also said you still loved me ( my qualities of workmanship)
If the stress is this rough it may be time for a job change. Health is more important than them.

On the tags. I guess it's hard to understand it's the law. When the tags disappear with no correction tag if something ever happens it comes back to the state licensed person aka me, and companies 2nd. I have to answer the question to the state fire Marshall's office. My license can be temporarily suspended preventing making a living till the outcome is determined. This has become a habit of the place that employs you.
I looked you up on FB to see what your life is like. There are many things in common between us.
The last thing I want to do is fight with a customer.
I hope your bad day gets better soon.

View attachment 1600371
at least he didn't spit on you... or attack you... things can get worse, ask me how I know.

at least he didn't spit on you... or attack you... things can get worse, ask me how I know.
You work with them in a cage. Mine are in the wild no cage to hold them back.
Fyi I work in TDC / Many county jails for life Saftey. Always fun accounting for even the smallest things. Example 1/4 cutting on 18g copper wire. Or a 6/32 screw.

You work with them in a cage. Mine are in the wild no cage to hold them back.
Fyi I work in TDC / Many county jails for life Saftey. Always fun accounting for even the smallest things. Example 1/4 cutting on 18g copper wire. Or a 6/32 screw.
perhaps ure mistaken..... they are NOT in a cage allll day.. matter of fact... MOST 90 percent of the day they are OUT.... rec/chow/rec/rec/chow/rec or programs..... chow again.. meds... visits/rec...… like I said 90 percent of the day.... ure misinformed... maybe in a county jailk its the way u describe.... this a is MAX A prison.... life happens in there... no cages... the only time they lock in is for a COUNT.. then a half hour later the COUNT clears..... then the doors open and things happen.... some inmates never go to their cells even for a count..... they are at work allllllll day..... common misconception is that they are locked in all day.... lol... exact opposite is true/ Its as real as it gets..

Last edited:
Please reread my quoted statement . When did I say alll day ? spn #01210268
well... the cage isn't working to hold them back.... many are injured... there was stabbing/slashing almost everyday last summer(gang stuff)... it was the craziest summer since I have been there.... about 100 cans of OC chemical agent pepper spray was used.... the state JUST issued it to us.... JUST IN TIME... but i still don't get the spray(housing unit officer)/////// carbon/ceramic razors have presented a problem for the state to adapt to..... new technology is needed.

You know where to enter the # I gave you . Your not fooling me . Been , and seen both sides of the fence.
FYI Harris county to save you some time . I was a lucky individual after a few years to try a NEW program .
less than 1% completed , and stayed out of the system . Myself , and a handful of others are all that succeeded in failure . Bad can go good , and good can go bad ;)

@c10 … I respect ure knowledge of motorcycles (it seems infinite).... maybe u should open a motorcycle shop? Dealing with the general public can present certain challenges... not all folks are stable.... some are sick and violent.... I always watch a persons hands and feet... if im uncomfortable with the way someone is acting... ill ask them to take a step back.... ask them to take a deep breath..... ill do everything I can do to deescalate a situation... everything...… if I cannot de-escalate..... ill try to walk away... but ill never give a person my back...…. next time.... if this happens to u again... You may want to simply want to ask the person "What is REEALLY botherin you?" it was obvious ure customer had OTHER issues going on...……….

You know where to enter the # I gave you . Your not fooling me . Been , and seen both sides of the fence.
FYI Harris county to save you some time . I was a lucky individual after a few years to try a NEW program .
less than 1% completed , and stayed out of the system . Myself , and a handful of others are all that succeeded in failure . Bad can go good , and good can go bad ;)
@c10 ....………. this a a COUNTY jail..... county.... long long long ways away from guys with multiple life sentences...… with extreme behavioral issues.... I was just saying the situation u were in could have gotten way worse.... and the fact remains that even folks convicted of 2nd degree murder get released eventually.... they are out there in society... and deling with these foilkks takes a certain strategy,... de-escalate and establish control of the situation.... or TRY TO establish control and buy some time.

Last edited:
I got lost in Queens a while back with the big rig, not a good feeling for a guy from a town of 1500. I occasionally run in to people who hate their job and enjoy trying to piss me off for sport, I try not to react but sometimes I dish a little back. You never know what’s going on in someone else’s live so I try to give the benefit of the doubt but it can be hard. Maybe your customer just caught his wife in bed with his buddie? Guys that judge fighting ability by size aren’t wise!

@c10 ....………. this a a COUNTY jail..... county.... long long long ways away from guys with multiple life sentences...… with extreme behavioral issues.
That's the county / courts to look the # up . It does not tell you where they sent or placed me.

My worst day at work? That would have to be many many moons ago taking off PHL (philthy) in a snow storm (100-1/2 +blsn) for Trans World Express (remember them?!) and as soon as I rotated ( start to become airborne and commited), my right engine quit. Climbed up, held, ran many checklists, then returned single engine to PHL. Has happened other times as well, but this was the most exciting for sure. Puts hair on ur chest, and stain in the panties! Lol
Btw, sorry to hear the asshat custom story Brian. Imagine what I go thru on a daily basis... All u pax are sugarbritches! Hahaha
Troy

I got lost in Queens a while back with the big rig, not a good feeling for a guy from a town of 1500. I occasionally run in to people who hate their job and enjoy trying to piss me off for sport, I try not to react but sometimes I dish a little back. You never know what’s going on in someone else’s live so I try to give the benefit of the doubt but it can be hard. Maybe your customer just caught his wife in bed with his buddie? Guys that judge fighting ability by size aren’t wise!
right.... IPC skills we call them.... Interpersonal Communications..... generally its about de-escalation..... u never know what kinda nutjob ure dealing with..... and what JUST happened to him... like me trying to strip search a guy whose wife just left him for his best friend..... But I have a job to do and the inmate does NOT like it..... I just tell the inmate..... lookj man... I have a job to do and I don't wanna have any problems... and neither do u... lets not make this any worse.... "You respect me and I respect you" sound good?

There are more than a few on this board who most likely can't or won't relay the worst day at work we had....

I am one and I know there are more than a few others.

I'm glad my worst days now are pretty mundane.

Reactions: c10
Good to hear your real world view. I’ve got a trucker buddy who has a bit of a road rage issue. I tell him he may run into the wrong person some day and it will go badly for him.

Reactions: c10
My worst day at work? That would have to be many many moons ago taking off PHL (philthy) in a snow storm (100-1/2 +blsn) for Trans World Express (remember them?!) and as soon as I rotated ( start to become airborne and commited), my right engine quit. Climbed up, held, ran many checklists, then returned single engine to PHL. Has happened other times as well, but this was the most exciting for sure. Puts hair on ur chest, and stain in the panties! Lol
Btw, sorry to hear the asshat custom story Brian. Imagine what I go thru on a daily basis... All u pax are sugarbritches! Hahaha
Troy
That would suck in so many ways. A plane load and I spent 3 hrs circling the airport in Germany while the tech tried to get the nose gear down...that was a pucker factor.

Back