Bad clicking noise

evoboarder

Registered
Hey guys, I know there are many threads out there on this problem but I just want to see if you have any other tips or ideas.

My bike is an 08 bus with around 17000 miles on. The only thing that isn't stock are the Yoshi pipes.

So here is what I have noticed wrong:

-While the engine is off and in neutral, it rolls just like it should. When in first gear (keeping the engine off), I can pull in the clutch lever and roll it, both forward and backward, the bike rolls a couple inches, gets stuck almost, and pops. Kind of like the piston is going up and down with the clutch pulled in.

-When turning the bike on and in neutral it sounds fine, until you release the clutch lever and then a consistent and very loud rattle sound starts somewhere in the lower section on the right side of the bike.

-I can shift it into first and all the way up just fine, but still get the rattles until I am over 3rd gear (and maybe it just gets too windy to hear it? Not sure)

-At speed and mostly when I am slowing down to a stop, pulling clutch you can hear the popping/clicking noise until stopped, similar to the first point.

I am for sure going to take it in, unless it's something I can easily fix. But I really need some help!

Thanks,

Taylor

"I can pull in the clutch lever and roll it, both forward and backward, the bike rolls a couple inches, gets stuck almost, and pops. Kind of like the piston is going up and down with the clutch pulled in."

The pistons are not going up and down unless the motor is running. Its normal that it is hard to push when in gear,it is easier to push in gear if the motor is warm.

Take it in if you want,but to me it just sounds like regular Busa noise.

RSD.

sounding normal is what a lot of the posts I have read said. But it makes no sense since it just started maybe 50 miles ago, and keeps getting louder the few times I have had to ride. I would think if it sounded normal it would have been clicking like this since I bought the thing.

I'd tear into the clutch myself and see if something looks off. Cause there probably is something wrong.

How many miles and when was the last oil change? clutch could be sticking or clutch MC not applying enough pressure, check for leaks, air in MC.

I originally thought the chain could have been just catching somewhere, but would it still be clicking so loud when it's in neutral?

I can try and post a short video of it, see if we can locate the problem a little better.

So here is the link to my youtube post, I couldn't figure out how to just throw the video on here.
listen for the sound on startup vs when I let the clutch out.

Last edited by a moderator:
there is a bolt that has backed out of your clutch. ^^^^ check to see if the recall was done. don't start it again until it is fixed!

Back