Bad cell service at home - no more :)

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
well for sprint users anyway :laugh:

I have had spotty cell service at best at the house since we moved in. If I was lucky it was a bar if any and if the wind blew, well lets just say I dropped as many calls as I got :whistle: I finally found Sprint selling their Airave AP device and got one. This thing is amazingly good so far. Full service on all sprint devices in the house and full 3G data :cheerleader: No service fees, just a two year contract but honestly since you dont have a monthly I really dont get the contract except if they come out with a new one. Anywho, anyone else using these things yet? I'm still tinkering with the settings to try and maximize it's range/ability but so far its been awesome.

For those interested but less inclined to look it up :poke: I am into it for about $130 and as I said nothing additional monthly :thumbsup: If you have sprint and spotty coverage, think about it, its easily one of the better additions I've made to the house

Sprint AIRAVEâ„¢ Access Point

Like having your own mini cell tower

Forget about low bars and spotty coverage. Create your own cell site in your home or office for enhanced wireless service--up to 5,000 square feet. The AIRAVE Access Point works with any Sprint phone and installs in minutes.
Highlights

* Installs easily using your existing broadband connection
* Supports up to six calls at the same time while in range of the AIRAVE

Key Features

* Improves in-building wireless signal
* Connects to broadband router
* Supports multiple simultaneous users

AIRACCESS2_LPI.gif

Switch to Verizon. They have the coverage game on lock even though they are high as hell.:laugh:

Actually I was with Verizon for almost 6yrs before switching to Sprint. The only difference I found with them over Sprint was that the bill, even with the Cisco discount it was double what mine is now. Actually I have my phone and my wife's unlimited everything for the same price I paid for just my phone with data on VZ.:whistle:

Now that aside at the house, none of the cell companies have great service, just we are that far off the beaten path :laugh:

Switch to Verizon. They have the coverage game on lock even though they are high as hell.:laugh:

Actually I was with Verizon for almost 6yrs before switching to Sprint. The only difference I found with them over Sprint was that the bill, even with the Cisco discount it was double what mine is now. Actually I have my phone and my wife's unlimited everything for the same price I paid for just my phone with data on VZ.:whistle:

Now that aside at the house, none of the cell companies have great service, just we are that far off the beaten path :laugh:

Talk to Joker before buying one. I think he complained enough that he got a free one from Sprint. His signal was really bad at home and has full bars now.

I am with Verizon and the bill sucks. Just waiting on my contract to end and I am leaving. Not sure where I am going to go with but I want more for my money. I am glad things are working out for you.

I am with Verizon and the bill sucks. Just waiting on my contract to end and I am leaving. Not sure where I am going to go with but I want more for my money. I am glad things are working out for you.

I have had a job for 5yrs that required me to travel 100%+ and I've never not had service when someone else did with Sprint. Their bill is 1/2 as much and it just works. With this new thing at home, all of my real complaints are gone. There are a few dead zones out here on the island but you get to know where they are and just drive around them or know you will drop your call in them. And I'm talking about pretty remote areas too, we are hopping off CT towers across the water ;)

The real difference between them all is the devices they use. I can say that Sprint does sorta lag behind everyone else when it comes to cool new toys. I dont mind waiting another month or two to swap out my old stuff for something when I'm saving 1200+ a year on service :thumbsup:

I should also mention for those looking, Sprint now has a Premier support level, for silver and gold. Getting to Gold isnt hard, just get the $99/month plan I think but it gets you yearly upgrades instead of every 2yrs :cheerleader:

I have the same basic thing with ATT. They call it a Microcell and it has worked really well for the 4 months that I have been using it.

I have had a job for 5yrs that required me to travel 100%+ and I've never not had service when someone else did with Sprint. Their bill is 1/2 as much and it just works. With this new thing at home, all of my real complaints are gone. There are a few dead zones out here on the island but you get to know where they are and just drive around them or know you will drop your call in them. And I'm talking about pretty remote areas too, we are hopping off CT towers across the water ;)

The real difference between them all is the devices they use. I can say that Sprint does sorta lag behind everyone else when it comes to cool new toys. I dont mind waiting another month or two to swap out my old stuff for something when I'm saving 1200+ a year on service :thumbsup:

I should also mention for those looking, Sprint now has a Premier support level, for silver and gold. Getting to Gold isnt hard, just get the $99/month plan I think but it gets you yearly upgrades instead of every 2yrs :cheerleader:

This is great info. My contract is up in Dec. and I am sure they will have a lot of great things out by then. Thanks

Talk to Joker before buying one. I think he complained enough that he got a free one from Sprint. His signal was really bad at home and has full bars now.

I *****ed every day for 4 days and they told me about the Airave and gave it to me for free and no monthly charges. I had mine for over a year and love it. When my kids pissed me off I just unplug it and order comes back into the house.

Not for me

Its the only way I can get away from work, Cell phone doesnt reach at home. :cheerleader:

Back