backfires with rs3 slip ons

harbor area busa

Registered
have about 3000 miles with slip ons , now when i let off the the throttle the bike backfires . is it time for a powercommander?
rock.gif

Yep, just where I was...

Wanted better sound and made her run rich.

I believe you could take her in to have her reset, but if you go with the PC111r, you won't be sorry.

Talk to Johnnycheese!

<!--EDIT|trip
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111303804 -->

have about 3000 miles with slip ons , now when i let off the the throttle the bike backfires . is it time for a powercommander?
rock.gif
No need for a PC with bolt on after market exhaust, and when you go to less restrictive exhaust system there is less back pressure and the bike will run leaner. Check your exhaust system you probably have leak causing the back fire, tighten up all the bolts.

did you remove pair valve with full exhaust its recommended you take off or bike will backfire maybe your having same problem with the slipon

did you remove pair valve with full exhaust its recommended you take off or bike will backfire maybe your having same problem with the slipon
exactly... this may cure yer woes...

with a PC3 of course comes the need for someone competant to install it, sure you can plug n' play,with one of the maps that accompanies the PC but it wont be that close.

big $, you'll need a good tuner , one that has a dyno, and preferable a sniffer(exhaust gas annalizer)

good luck with it...

hav a well tuned 1....RSD.

I have 7,000 backfire-free miles on mine with RS-3 bolt-ons.  I'd say you have a leak - either vacuum on the intake side or exhaust on the outlet side.

Ed

<!--EDIT|EdC
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111418892 -->

rock.gif
we should all learn to read ....

you've had the slip-ons on for 3000 miles with no prob's...

an' now its starting to backfire?  is that correct?

if so, then something has happened.
Its been a tough week your excused  
wink.gif
thx BA

check for a leak in your exhaust and your intake. Like it has been said. Make sure all connections in your exhaust it tight from the engine back. If everything is tight and it still backfires check for an intake leak. Spray WD-40 around your intake manifolds and see if the engine changes rpms. If all that checks out then go from there. I bet that should do it where it just started happening on decel. Or for some reason you are running leaner.

I just put on the same cans 2 days ago and I am having the exact same problem... I am not a major techhie, so please don't laugh when I ask what the "pair valve" is and where is its location so I can remove it. Thanks for your help.

Heres my poor boy pair valve "disabling" system.... I am sure this has been posted before... but a nice refresher, and it saves you $$$ .

<!--EDIT|givinr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113030018 -->

Back