Backfire

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
Has anyone ever had their busa backfire... a loud POP! from the exhaust?

Well, I can't say that mine has or hasn't with any certainty. Here's why:

I was probably 500yds from home and going about 30mph and heard a loud POP! Well... it could have came from my bike or it could have been somebody shooting a gun off nearby... I can't say. When I ride tomorrow I guess I'll know. If it was my bike... what could have caused this. My bike is pretty new with less than 3k on it. Thanks!

Do you have a new Exhaust on your Bike? I have the Yosh RS-3 race and I got that when I put them on. Had to do the Marble Mod to get rid of it & remapping helped alot to. Still get on Decel once in awhile (No exhaust leaks either, I checked 3X now).

probably just a rock in the road that you hit just right and shot it out.

I never heard the sound again... so you're probably right... or was just somebody shooting a gun off - this is AL!

laugh.gif

If are doing over 50 mph if you hear a whistling noise that means they hit you somewhere. At that point get off bike and check for blood loss. If blood is found report to nearest hospital for repairs. Then repeat process listening for loud popping noises.
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

My bike seems to "spit" once in a while as I burp the throttle while downshifting. I thought I would get everything sync'd up one of these days to see if that is the problem.

Todd

Oh, by the way....
06 blue/grey
Ivans TRE
Whole lotta fun

if you can hear the shot you are ok..its the one you dont hear you need to watch out for.

Hi, my name is Steve and I'm a Busaholic, and new member...I just completed the mod on my airbox. Someone told me to disgaurd the hose out of the top of the engine to the box, and remove the other hose from the box ( looks like this hose goes forward) and connect it to the top of the engine. Does this make any sense to anyone?

(Steve R @ Sep. 09 2006,21:57) Hi, my name is Steve and I'm a Busaholic, and new member...I just completed the mod on my airbox. Someone told me to disgaurd the hose out of the top of the engine to the box, and remove the other hose from the box ( looks like this hose goes forward) and connect it to the top of the engine. Does this make any sense to anyone?
Smooth thread jacking nooB.
laugh.gif

Back