backfire w/ hindle exhaust and PC III ?

oldhat

Registered
any of you tuning gurus have any idea why my bike would be backfiring AND really hard to start with a full hindle PC 3R with the hindle map and the pair removed? I thought that with the correct map it woudln't happen. :-(

Sounds like a horrible map. Get one from Johnnycheese or Brock (if it's a BDE/Hindle) and try that. Never had that on Train... Hard start makes it sound like a timing issue...

Try plugging the timing connectors back to there stock locations.As in the ones that come from the PC. Plug it in the way it was before you installed the PC and see if you starting problem goes away. This sounds like my bike it got to the point that it wouldnt start. I plugged the timing wires back to their stock location and starting problem was gone. PC problem? Maybe. They told me to send it back and they will repair it. I haven't got it back yet to see if its fixed.

Try plugging the timing connectors back to there stock locations.As in the ones that come from the PC. Plug it in the way it was before you installed the PC and see if you starting problem goes away. This sounds like my bike it got to the point that it wouldnt start. I plugged the timing wires back to their stock location and starting problem was gone. PC problem? Maybe. They told me to send it back and they will repair it. I haven't got it back yet to see if its fixed.
An excellent point... Could be a bad PC... I've seen lots of complaints on the 10 board about defective PC's. That's why I haven't bought one to tune the popping out of my Akra exhuast yet. Let us know if it starts/runs ok without the PC...
rock.gif

Try loading another map first then check the PC......I've had a faulty one too.....stopped accepting maps altogether.....bought a new one, and it was perfect

unplug your pc.... you shouldn't need it to run your bike with that exhaust.... if its still backfiring you'll know its not the pc.

Could be a bad or incorrect map. Also make sure no exhaust leaks that can also cause a back fire. I would first try a different map.

thanks guys.

uummmmm.......fstbusa.......no offense, but I gotta disagree. You gotta run a PC with a full exhuast buddy.

I think fstbusa ment for a short time to see if you have a bad PC or MAP. If you did what he said then would know if the bike has a problem or if its the added parts. Your bike will run OK even with the full exhaust and no PC. Ive done it. Its just better with the PC and better MAPs. Did you check it yet??

yeah I did mean what hooken said... but I know alot of people who run full exhausts with no pc... they don't get the full potential outta the pipe but its still possible.

I talked with my dealer about it last night. They are thinking I may have some injector problems. Its gonna have to wait a while for the to look at it since we're supposed to get 9 inches of snow today!
mad.gif

Hey Sled--weren't you Turbo'd before ? Hope you get it sorted out.
I have Muzzy Ti 4 into 1---and a PC II--map seems OK but backfires in a Cool way-----still have the Pair on the bike--it goes buuh buuh buuh---then a nice thoaty Boooom and shoots a nice flame out that can be seen during daylight---it's not a violent boom where i would expect damage. 146.69 RW @ 5000 feet elev.
smile.gif

I talked with my dealer about it last night.  They are thinking I may have some injector problems.  Its gonna have to wait a while for the to look at it since we're supposed to get 9 inches of snow today!
mad.gif
Yeah right, bunch of losers I bet, check you PC3 to make sure the TPS is set and then reload the map.
if it still back fires you have the wrong map

I had the same problem but with the Yosh full exhaust and the PCiii. I had the bike customed mapped. After the bike was mapped it still backfired but not as much. Problem was solved when I raised the idle to 1150- 1200 rpm's. You might want to try raising your idle speed it might just work.

..or just put more air in your tires.. that should do it~
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|GJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106429830 -->

Back