Backfilling Front Brakes?

99 Busapilot

Registered
I've just completed a complete front and rear brake rebuild of my 99 Busa. New pistons, piston seals, and Galfer brake lines.

The rear brake took 10 minutes to fully charge and bleed.

I worked on the fronts for over an hour and they aren't even charged yet - no action from brake lever.

I am thinking that the rear was easy since it is only two piston. However, on the front I have a total of 12 pistons (each of which were completely empty with the pistons fully disengaged at time of reassembly) and new individual brake lines which were empty at time of assembly. I also imagine I am pumping so little fluid through the lines with each lever pump that it'll take til fall to get the lines charged so I can bleed the air out.

I found this: http://www.wardsweb.org/busa/hayabusa_bleed.html

Any help?

Sometimes you have to crack open the banjo bolt at the reservior to get the air out. read the article on your post i never heard of doing it that way with an air pump. make sure when you loosen banjo bolt that you dont let brake fluid on your plastics or run down on your front fender.

I back fill my lines all the time. I do not use an air pump though. I went to Harbor freight and got a 10$ oil pump can and devoted it to straight brake fluid. It works great cause the plastic hose fits right on the spout. leave just enough fluid in your resivours to cover the valve and pump till you do not see little bubbles comming out any more bamb you got 98% of the air out. Once or twice normal bleed (sometimes not even that) 100% no air. Good luck let me know if you need any more info.

I usually gravity bleed it before regular bleeding. One side of clear plastic pipe on bleeder other in glass. Crack the bleeder screw. Watch the level in reservoir. When it started coming out you can bleed it normally.
On cars when I have problem I bleed master cylinder as well. I don't know if there suck thing for bikes though.
good luck.
beerchug.gif

Back