Back trouble, Screws & Plates

Sounds like it might be pressure on your nerves from the screws, scar tissue or maybe another disk. I have a plate and screws in my neck and I experience some of these same problems in my right arm but not bad enough to have another surgery. I can relate to how frustrating this can be. Prayers to ya.

I hope you have a good recovery and they can fix the problem. I know how you feel with a incomplete tear at T-9 and T-10 5 years in a wheel chair and degenerative arthritis in my lower back I wake up every morning popping about 4-6 ibuprofen and wait about an hour before getting moving and getting ready for work. The doc's wanted to do surgery and install a rod and screws in my lower back but always refused cuz of the nightmares I have heard. Hell I am lucky to be walking again anyway taught myself how to walk again in 2000 and know it could all be gone at anytime or anyday. Hang in there getting old sucks

Good luck man. I have back pain a lot. Hit my head getting in my truck. Screwed mt back up BIGTIME. Gets good, then the littlest thing causes a flairup. Pain, sitting, standing, laying down, walking, all painful and uncomfortable.

I wish you the best.

I hope you have a good recovery and they can fix the problem. I know how you feel with a incomplete tear at T-9 and T-10 5 years in a wheel chair and degenerative arthritis in my lower back I wake up every morning popping about 4-6 ibuprofen and wait about an hour before getting moving and getting ready for work. The doc's wanted to do surgery and install a rod and screws in my lower back but always refused cuz of the nightmares I have heard. Hell I am lucky to be walking again anyway taught myself how to walk again in 2000 and know it could all be gone at anytime or anyday. Hang in there getting old sucks
Man I am so sorry for you. The wheel chair and not walking thing worries me to death. I told a guy today, This is the first time in my life I have been afraid to do anything. After reading some of the things on line this week has really opened my eyes to what could happen with screws and things in the body. Still waiting on the Dr to set up the MRI. They don't care and figure it's not that bad. I have called him 3 times this week to ask to have it sit up but still nothing. I think Monday I will call another Dr to see if they will do something. Sorry Big Bo I sure hope you get better as well. Be careful on taking pain pills to mask the pain. That has a little to do with me hurting my back this time. I had started taking Gabapentin 300 MG 3 times a day for nerve pain and in kinda numb my back and over did a few things :banghead: Now I really fell like :banghead: against a wall for being so stupid. Yea getting old sucks. Thanks everyone

Waiting on the Dr. can really be tedious...Are you speaking with the office folks or the Dr.? Getting a new Dr. is always an option, albeit a pain to do so. Perhaps a visit to an ER will get the ball rolling faster?

Waiting on the Dr. can really be tedious...Are you speaking with the office folks or the Dr.? Getting a new Dr. is always an option, albeit a pain to do so. Perhaps a visit to an ER will get the ball rolling faster?
The Staff. I just got this Dr about a year ago because he is suppose to be good at things this. I have thought about going to the ER but they are so slow. I might have to sit 7 or 8 hrs to get waited on and then sit another 2 hrs or so waiting to see a Dr. The ER is BAD here. Hope to here something Monday.

Back