Back To The 70's

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Great video! I remember that decade quite well. I started off with a red 750-4 but the 1979 CBX Six really hooked me. I still have a first year model today. Those two stroke Kaws were indeed scary rockets as was the 60s era Suzy XS Hustler, also a two stroke and only 250ccs. The big water cooled Suzy Water Buffalo was a good bike but I never liked the lack of deceleration of two stroke motors.

Cool video. My first streetbike was a 78 GS750E I got my senior year of high school. Wish I still had it!

And gals!

I don't recall what my Dad was riding when I was little, but I think it was an old Honda...I only recall hanging on for dear life on the back and seeing Colorado :)

I used to ride with my dad on a Jet black CB750 with lots of chrome and a great big white after market "Wind Jammer" aftermarket fairing...

Looked a lot like this... :)

750f9.jpg

Still got one of these too, need to reassemble this one also. 1973 Honda CR125 Elsinore, bought new in 73, 13 years old with two large paper routes, Oakland Tribune & San Francisco Chronicle, I was a very determined young man.

Honda-CR125M-Elsinore.jpg

Last edited:
Had had one like this new for my 21st in 1970:
HondaC50.JPG

Cost £120 (about $60 then). We have a C90 in a local shop for £2500 at the moment....some investment. If only I had known then what I know now - in more ways than 1!
It topped out at 60 down hill with a tail wind!

Wow, very cool video, I hadn't seen it before so thanks for posting. In 1976 I went from a Honda CB450 to a 1975 Kawasaki Z1; I loved that bike and every time I crank on my Hayabusa the sound and feel reminds me of the old Z1. In my opinion, the 73-75 Z1s were the bikes of the 70's. I have a 78 Kaw LTD1000, a GT750 and a CBX in the barn waiting for me to retire to get them running again, can't wait!! Thanks again for the video.

Back