Back tire Deflation in a curve

Fireman_on_a_Busa

Registered
While out riding this past Friday night, somewhere along the way I picked up something in my tire, which put a nice size hole in the rubber, and I did not even know it.  It finally came to my attention when going into a not so sharp turn, and had to fight the busa to get her back up.  Thank goodness that Suzuki had the insight to have a dampener on the handle bars, because she started or tried to tank slap.  Stopped at a little service station, got off, looked at the tire, made some colorful remarks, then went and tried to calm down.  Hopefully this will not happen again, to myself, or any of my fellow busa owners.  Went to the dealer the next day, asked  him to plug the tire, since it was only 6 days old, and went outside and burnt it down.  Give the employees a good show before I replaced the tire.  If nobody has ever taken a tire down from good rubber to slick as a babies butt before, I would highly recommend it once.  It was a blast, an expensive blast, but since I was going to get a new tire anyway, what the he!!.  It lasted about 5  minutes total, and the SMOKE does roll.  Clean up afterward was terrible, but it was fun while it lasted, and I got a great round of applause.  The Busa will really BURN THEM DOWN.

Hang your head in shame!

No pics

What the hell were you thinking!
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

SOUNDS FUN , JUST GLAD YOUR OK , AND FROM THE POST I READ THE OTHER DAY, YOUR LUCKY YOU GOT TO BURN THE TIRE DOWN YOURSELF . I GUESS SOME MECHANICS TAKE IT UPON THEMSELVES TO BURN THE OLD TIRE DOWN BEFORE REPLACING IT WITH A NEW. NOTHING LIKE THE SMELL OF BURNING RUBBER IN THE MORNING, SECOND ONLY TO NAPALM I SUPPOSE..

SO IM GOING TO BURN THIS ALMOST NEW TIRE , IM GOIN TO TAKE IT FROM NEW TO GLUE. "WONDER IF ANYONE ON HAYABUSA.ORG WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT " NNNNAAAAHHHHHH
THEY DONT LIKE PICS AT ALL, ESPECIALLY OF JUST A LIL OLE BURNOUT... DOH... WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH ,  WELL SINCE THERE ARE NO PICS OF THE BURNOUT , I JFKSMITH WILL ENTERTAIN YOU ALL WITH THE DANCING HARLEY RIDERS....

<!--EDIT|jfksmith
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089618132 -->

dance.gif

I got two flat rears within 3 weeks because of nails and screws laying all over our garage (its a community garage), just put on the last one on Sat. Very annoying considering I had to spend close to $450 within 3 weeks for two rear tires. Because the Apt people failed to clean the garage
mad.gif
, now I gave them a reason to clean...burnt rubber all over! Oh, and sorry everyone, no pics either
smile.gif

heh, I feel your pain man.... I had my rear tire go down as I was exiting I40 in Durham at 230am
mad.gif
Sux'd big nutz cuz I had to sit and wait for an hour for my buddies to get back from Greensboro, then ride one of their bikes home to get the truck/trailer, then back up to my bike. I'd say the pucker factor was way way high.

glad you made it out with no scratches
biggrin.gif
You'll have to come up and ride with us one weekend. I'm still trying to put together a monthly ride, think I have a good route, just gotta post the plans.
cool.gif

Fireman,

Zukracer is a good tour guide, even if he rides really slow.
laugh.gif

We need to get the Raleigh Busa group together for a ride (we'll even include those in Goldsboro [BigDawg], and?....).

Just don't do it this weekend since I'll be out of town.
cool.gif

hmm....
blush.gif
slow?
rock.gif

geeze I thought it was a fun ride through the country, little spirited at times, fairly calm and reserved at others
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|zukracer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089766321 -->

I have rode with Zuk, and he is a great tour guide, and rider in general, but when push comes to shove, he knows how to kick it up a notch or two.

Back