Back Seats, Loweing, and Warranty

generalchaos

Registered
ok few quick questions I just thought of here,

first, I always see busas at the dealer with no back seat, just the lump thing, but on here some of you have a back seat, where do you get it? and does the lump act as storage or anything? or just looks. Also do foot pegs come with the back seat.

second is lowering, id like to lower the bike because it looks cooler and will help keep it down so I dont get myself hurt, but when you do this can you ride someone on the back still or will it bottom out?

last is warranty, when doing any kind of modding to the busa do you void it, or can you have a shop do it to keep it under warranty? whatever bike I get im gonna dump some mods into it, and I can do all this stuff myself no problem, but I like warranties as well. My dad said his harley shop could probly install stuff for me for free or really cheap (they do free for him, but he buys parts from them as well, so id have to see)

You get the hump, back seat, and grab rail(sissy bar) when you buy the bike(all included).  If you lower the bike the right way, it will not bottom out with a passenger, you just have to watch the road surface(bumps,hills on driveways).  On warranties, whatever you modify will not be covered.  Be careful on emgine mods.  For example;you get a slip on exhaust(doesn't void the warranty except your slip on isn't covered), you get a full exhaust system(everything is still covered except the parts you change out-the pipes and exhaust can), but if you change the air filter or remap the computer(it controls your fuel flow management) your engine is no longer covered.  If you want to modify, just be sure to ask the dealer how your warranty will change before you do it.

so if I even put a KN air filter on my warranty is gone?

and what about foot pegs for the passanger? anyone got a pic of there they mount?

so if I even put a KN air filter on my warranty is gone?

and what about foot pegs for the passanger? anyone got a pic of there they mount?
apparantly....

Pillion pegs should be on a bike from the factory .

Lowering....looks cool...geometry goes right out the window. For better handling you actually want to raise it.
If yer into the drags , lowering the front should be enuff.
If its all about looks , go 4 it , just have to stay outa the twisties.

Harley shop ? I have nuthin against hogs or those that ride them..do I want a hog shop workin' on my Jap bike...no.
For starters...they wont be tooled for it . Jap bikes need various things that ...I just guessing here....wont be found in yer local hog shop . How they gonna sync yer throttle bodies....by ear....hee hee hee . They'll need a 4 dial vacuum guage(or similar) do they have a laptop for dialin' in yer Yosh or PC IIIa , metric wrenchs , keys,etc.
Most of all...experience . I'm not positive , but , I dont think you can walk away from the 1969 Ironhead sportster sittin' in the corner...and jump right in on diagnostics for the worlds fastest production vehicle .

I could be wrong thou....it happened once ...back in 1982 I think .
kiddin....hav a good 1...RSD.

ok few quick questions I just thought of here,

first, I always see busas at the dealer with no back seat, just the lump thing, but on here some of you have a back seat, where do you get it? and does the lump act as storage or anything? or just looks. Also do foot pegs come with the back seat.

second is lowering, id like to lower the bike because it looks cooler and will help keep it down so I dont get myself hurt, but when you do this can you ride someone on the back still or will it bottom out?

last is warranty, when doing any kind of modding to the busa do you void it, or can you have a shop do it to keep it under warranty? whatever bike I get im gonna dump some mods into it, and I can do all this stuff myself no problem, but I like warranties as well. My dad said his harley shop could probly install stuff for me for free or really cheap (they do free for him, but he buys parts from them as well, so id have to see)
Just remember that a lowered busa is going to handle for sh^t, and I for one like a bike that can do it all, not just go fast straight and look purty.

Be careful general, try not to make any mods that adversly effect performance, it will have a similar effect on resale/usefulness.

good point rubber, didnt think about the tools, but theyd know how to do everything, just like my friends dad is a master mechanic, and specialized in v8's (hemis to be exact) and he can work on civics and things no problem, its all based off the same principals.

Maybe I wont lower it then, but I have not noticed there was back foot pegs on it already

good point rubber, didnt think about the tools, but theyd know how to do everything, just like my friends dad is a master mechanic, and specialized in v8's (hemis to be exact) and he can work on civics and things no problem, its all based off the same principals.
I think there's a bigger difference in a Harley and a Hayabusa than you're acknowledging. Of course your friend's dad could handle the manual tasks of swapping parts on most any make. The thing is, I don't think it's that simple. At least that's what I'm getting from reading the various Busa forums. I'm seeing posts about remapping after a muffler change. I don't think Harley's require that.

A whole different technology with a whole different toolset and skillset if you ask me. Good luck with whatever you do though.

what im trying to say is like putting on a exhaust is putting on a exhaust, and installing new headers is installing new headers, doesnt matter if its american or japanese, this will be a little different sure, but its the same.

what im trying to say is like putting on a exhaust is putting on a exhaust, and installing new headers is installing new headers, doesnt matter if its american or japanese, this will be a little different sure, but its the same.
WannaBusa......yer a smart dude...you've got lots of it figured already....
kickass.gif

Generalchaffass....i dunno man....yer talkin' lots...
but yer not listening much....

Anybody can turn a wrench....yer missin' it bro....

Sure the exhaust gets bolted on...then what...not only is every model different....every bike WITHIN the model is different . 2 Busa's from the same yr...MAY require different maps .
Head down to yer dads buddies hog shop and ask them what a Power Commander does....and do they have a dyno on hand....an' exhaust gas annalyzer would be nice too.
See if they have a laptop , they can sit on yer tank and program in a map . Chances are thou...a stock map from the exhaust system company , or one from Dynojet , or one from some other manufacturer , probably just wont quite cut it .
Then they'll have to make a map...

this isn't exactly kid stuff ......

No offence kid....but I think I'm gonna have to re-name you

Instead of Generalchaos..I'm thinkin' ....Generalchaffa$$.

No...thats not it....how about....PrivateParts...

YA...thats it...thats the ticket .

No offence...EVERYONE gets a new nickname from me .

Consider it an honour.....

In the meantime...we're gonna haffta keep an eye on you.

post_6_94354_eye.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
lol generalchaffa$$? sounds funny but whats it from?
lets just drop this one, no sense into us getting immature and arguing like little kids

all stock Busas come with passenger pegs, but they might have been removed if it isn't a stock bike. And my answers about the warranty issues all came from a suzuki dealer. Best advice is to ask a suzuki dealer on what the warranty will cover when you know exactly what modifications your going to do. After all its the dealer who is going to honor the warranty, what anybody else said won't matter.

Back