Back on the road.

Busa1166

Donating Member
Registered
Got it running and charging, total death toll was

1) rectifier, toasted extra crispy, I bought a replacement melted that one also, that s when I noticed the connector plug on the harness side was completely melted and the cables were fused together. Rectifier side of the connector was just fine which I would have preferred to be the one that melted. :banghead: To fix that connector I am guessing a new wire harness would be needed. Not going to happen :(

Guess how I rewired and reconnected the new rectifier :whistle:

2) Melted magneto, yes I said melted turned to pudding inside the magnet.
Magnet seemed ok so it stayed.

I will not talk about what caused this massive overload :whistle: But rest assured the guilty party is feeling the pain (in his wallet)

The oil leak from the stator cover, from the cracked engine casing is still there :( This bike is getting more ragged by the second and unfortunately Suzuki can not be blamed. :laugh:

Got it running and charging, total death toll was

1) rectifier, toasted extra crispy, I bought a replacement melted that one also, that s when I noticed the connector plug on the harness side was completely melted and the cables were fused together. Rectifier side of the connector was just fine which I would have preferred to be the one that melted. :banghead: To fix that connector I am guessing a new wire harness would be needed. Not going to happen :(

Guess how I rewired and reconnected the new rectifier :whistle:

2) Melted magneto, yes I said melted turned to pudding inside the magnet.
Magnet seemed ok so it stayed.

I will not talk about what caused this massive overload :whistle: But rest assured the guilty party is feeling the pain (in his wallet)

The oil leak from the stator cover, from the cracked engine casing is still there :( This bike is getting more ragged by the second and unfortunately Suzuki can not be blamed. :laugh:
What did the poor bike do to deserve that? :laugh:

So instead of who did it can you tell us what did it so we don't make the same mistake.

So instead of who did it can you tell us what did it so we don't make the same mistake.

Well as everyone and myself know if you want to jump a motorcycle with a car, the car should be off when you do. But I being in a rush and :stoopid: too, went for it. Smelled it burning as soon as it fired up, in the time it took me to move my hands from the clutch lever and starter button to get the cables off it was all over.

Good news though I appear to have plugged the oil leak with some industrial cement on the opening in the casing, hope it holds but it's the first time I ride it and my shoe isn't covered in oil. So I deserve a shot whiskey for that accomplishment today :beerchug:

Now for some reason the bike is idling at about 2K an lowering the idle doesn't do anything, the fast idle lever isn't working it's adjusted properly though. Going to look under the tank to see if a vacuum hose or something came loose or if it's maybe because I disconnected the power to the GiPro but didn't disconnect completely from the bike.

Last edited:
Back