Back on a Busa after 3 years...

TroubledWine

Registered
Long story short, I sold my 07 in my signature back in 2010 to a friend with the intentions of buying it back one day. I was moving and wasn't sure I was getting a new job with a substantial raise yet. He got into an accident that totally destroyed the bike and almost killed him in 2011. I ended up getting the new job, and we ended up moving out of an apartment and into a new house last fall. Since then I've been looking...hard. Nothing really caught my eye because people in NC think their bikes are made of 84k gold. Almost went to Charleston to buy an 09 with 1800 miles for $9500 but the guy didn't have the title back from the bank yet, so I kept looking. Ive REALLY wanted a 05 LE because they are close in color to the GM Cyber Grey I painted my 07.

Found a 2005 LE with 10,700 on the clock, original owner, clean title, for $5000.

The good news? I just got back from a 800 mile 1 day round trip and picked up a 05 LE for $5,000 today.

The bad news: He dropped it in his yard and put a chip and some scratches in the right side fairing, and I've basically found out that finding a fairing for one is about as possible as...well, finding a fairing for one.:banghead:

Anyways, figured I'd reintroduce myself. If you got a line on somebody wanting to get rid of 05 LE body panels, lemme know.:thumbsup:

Welcome back and congrats, and before you buy a fairing for that, contact Justin at Honda East. He is a sponsor and will save you some cash.

So where are you at in NC?

Long story short, I sold my 07 in my signature back in 2010 to a friend with the intentions of buying it back one day. I was moving and wasn't sure I was getting a new job with a substantial raise yet. He got into an accident that totally destroyed the bike and almost killed him in 2011. I ended up getting the new job, and we ended up moving out of an apartment and into a new house last fall. Since then I've been looking...hard. Nothing really caught my eye because people in NC think their bikes are made of 84k gold. Almost went to Charleston to buy an 09 with 1800 miles for $9500 but the guy didn't have the title back from the bank yet, so I kept looking. Ive REALLY wanted a 05 LE because they are close in color to the GM Cyber Grey I painted my 07.

Found a 2005 LE with 10,700 on the clock, original owner, clean title, for $5000.

The good news? I just got back from a 800 mile 1 day round trip and picked up a 05 LE for $5,000 today.

The bad news: He dropped it in his yard and put a chip and some scratches in the right side fairing, and I've basically found out that finding a fairing for one is about as possible as...well, finding a fairing for one.:banghead:

Anyways, figured I'd reintroduce myself. If you got a line on somebody wanting to get rid of 05 LE body panels, lemme know.:thumbsup:

Congrats, love those bikes, one of the reasons I bought my black '08. Very similar in appearance.

Back