Back Off brake light modulator

cycleman

Registered
Wanting to install a brake light modulator. Can't determine which wire is the brake light wires at the rear. Wires are tight and I don't want to butcher them testing. Thinking about maybe locating near the switch. So where is the switch and has anybody mounted the modulator in this location?

Cycleman, why not go direct to the taillamp and locate the hot wire and go from there? I've installed several of these through the years and they are pretty simple devices provided you know what's hot and what's not.

Not at home but the download manuals have schematics that are very simple. Download them and go to the electricals. From memory around page 900.

Cycleman, why not go direct to the taillamp and locate the hot wire and go from there? I've installed several of these through the years and they are pretty simple devices provided you know what's hot and what's not.

The wires are buried with no slack. The inner fender would have to be removed. The LED tail light is sealed with no way to remove it from the exterior. Removed the turn signals hoping for some access, no luck. You would have to see it to understand. I also have installed these before but this one is a nightmare. After checking it out I decided that was not going to work even though it would be an ideal location for the box.

Back