Back off brake light Mod

Trickplay461

Registered
Got one of the "back off brake light modules". Removed the seat and looking at batteries. Anyone have a clue where to tap into the wires for the module?
:banghead:

Should need to remove the rear seat, and most likely the tail to access the brake light and turn signal wires.

Gen 1 or 2? On the GEN 2, BROWN is the License plate light, and the Brake light ...See the attached .pdf wiring diagram and check for yourself...

Attachments

• k8hayabusawiringdiagram.pdf
    65.1 KB · Views: 187
Sorry, Its a 2009 Haya Gen 2. Remove the tail?

08 and 09 use the same wiring diagram. I've got the 09 service manual too....and yes you have to pretty much take the tail off (not THAT hard) to really get to the wires well....

From the 09 service manual; same color...

Capture.JPG

Cool. I'm not the brightest when looking at these diagrams. I assume the lettering denotes color...what about the wiring that shows B/W? Does that mean it can be either/or, or rather its a single wire containing a black & white set? Did not know the tail was removable. :) Thanks for help!

Cool. I'm not the brightest when looking at these diagrams. I assume the lettering denotes color...what about the wiring that shows B/W? Does that mean it can be either/or, or rather its a single wire containing a black & white set? Did not know the tail was removable. :) Thanks for help!

Ok cool....lastly....is the ground run directly to the negative terminal? or do I look to ground it somewhere on the frame? I'm always unsure about this issue. Thanks again.

B/W means a single wire with black/white stripe.

Ground to one of the subframe bolts.

If you'd like your service manual, send me a PM and I'll come up with a way for you to download it. It will show you a LOT about wrenching on your own bike which is very enjoyable.

Man fellas! Gotta say THANKS first and foremost for the timely replies. Much appreciated :thumbsup: The service manual would be greatly appreciated if you can make it happen. I saw the pic there of the removed tail in the "how to" write up. All I saw was a plug (white). Do I how to slice this open and fish the brown wire out of here? Seems so. Thanks again.:bowdown:

I got this all torn down ...the links and assist worked great...but I just thought....where exactly do I splice this in? BEFORE the large plug? or after the plug on the tail end of the wiring? I assume before the large plug, the brown wire gives it constant power? Something told me that if i do it before the plug, whole assembly might blink (including the turn signals)...am I off? Hoping so..splicing in to the tail lights , which are already short seems harder and I dont see how I would take it off or reassemble it. This is on stand bye until i get an assist:whistle:

Here is a pic of where I'm at...you can see the plug in the foreground ...I gently cut that wrap open easily exposing the brown wire.

20130913_114318.jpg

You should tap into the light before the plug...that way you could still unplug the light if need be without removing the added wires

You should tap into the light before the plug...that way you could still unplug the light if need be without removing the added wires

Agreed, install it so you can remove the tail with the light. Otherwise you will have to cut your wires on the module to remove the tail since the brake light comes off with the tail.

Back