DO YOU KNOW HOW TO USE THIS ?
b.jpg
DO YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THESE?
c.jpg
DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS?
d.jpg
DO YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY WITH THESE?
e.jpg
DID YOU, OR ANYONE YOU KNOW, EVER TAKE THIS CLASS IN SCHOOL?
f.jpg
HAVE YOU EVER SEEN OR USED ONE OF THESE?
g.jpg
HAVE YOU EVER USED THIS?
h.jpg
DID HE EVER COME TO YOUR HOUSE?
i.jpg

DID YOU KNOW...
Those who were born in the 50’s 60’s ,70’s and early 80’s are the last generation who played in the street. During our childhood we “walked†over a mile a day when we played & played “hide & seek†outside at night with no worries or fear of anything bad happening to us.

We are the first generation who played video games and the last to record songs off the radio onto a cassette tape. We learned how to program a VCR before anyone else, we were the first to play from Atari to Nintendo…We are the generation of Tom & Jerry, Looney Toons, & Captain Kangaroo.
We traveled in cars without seat belts or air bags, lived without cell phones and caller ID. We did not have fax machines, flat screens, surround sound, I pods, Facebook, Twitter, computers or the internet, and through it all we had a great time.

gurrera

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

f.jpg

g.jpg

h.jpg

i.jpg

e.jpg

I fit right into the description at the bottom. Born in 1975 I caught the middle to taill end of Atari and was in 5th grade when Nintendo and Super Mario Brothers hit. No internet, facebook, twitter, cell phones, flat screens, or surround sound. Kind of fun to be able to identify with a generation now that I am pushing the 40 mark.

They all said we were going to amount to nothing with our video games and sony walkmans. Hell was freezing over and the end was near. It was the end of an era.

Now here I am. I own a small business, am very active in my community, very active with my church, pay my taxes, follow the law, married to a teacher, 2 happy healthy kids, and a law abiding citizen.

Now my 6 year old son is a wiz at the I-Pad and Wii, is accustom to a 50" flat screen with surround sound, and watches kids videos on you tube. I know that he will still be a very productive member of society and that although he is growing up in a different world, that does not mean the world is coming to an end.

That being said I love this post because it shows how fast things change and how we identify with a certain time, particularly when it comes to technology. I like to embrace it and not let it scare me. Technology does not scare me, but the upcoming generations being in debt to their eye balls due to our spending, now that freaks me out. :laugh:

I was born in 1965, and I know what all of that is about. Only difference was that I had computers all my life.
My father was a programmer and engineer, I am a programmer and engineer, and my son is a programmer (not yet an engineer).

My kids still play outside in the neighborhood though, and have to be dragged into the house after dark. Kids are kids after all. :laugh:

Remember it all clear as day.

Big wheels
Dirt clod fights
Ditch em
Capture the flag
Ride bicycles 14 miles to town each way.
Swim in the bypass & river (with serious undertow).
And a scrap here and there always a goodtime

Good thing he did not post a picture of the coal man making a delivery, I would feel really old being the only one to remember that! lol

I had everything but milk delivered.

Me too :thumbsup:, but I had milk delivery and my mother would open the tops and scoop the CREAM (anybody know what REAL CREAM taste like today :goodidea:) out of the bottle neck for our coffee :coffee:

Those times were GREAT :cheerleader:

No worries, low crime, baseball and flag football in an open lot, 3 stations on the TV and Spam or Baloney Sandwiches with MAYO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yummm Yummmm !! :laugh:

Me too :thumbsup:, but I had milk delivery and my mother would open the tops and scoop the CREAM (anybody know what REAL CREAM taste like today :goodidea:) out of the bottle neck for our coffee :coffee:

Those times were GREAT :cheerleader:

No worries, low crime, baseball and flag football in an open lot, 3 stations on the TV and Spam or Baloney Sandwiches with MAYO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yummm Yummmm !! :laugh:

Me Three, and I still get milk delivered. Comes from local family owned farm and is the best tasting milk I've ever had.

Have interacted with most of these items but what the heck are those walkie talkie looking things on the pole in the black and white picture? Seen them before. No idea what they are.

-THE MENACE

Coal delivery? was it horse drawn or truck driven ?

:rofl: Hell I don't know, I was always the one in the coal bin in the basement shoveling the coal away from the chute. I was by the house in Ill. where I grew up a few months ago, and the big cast iron cover for the coal chute is still there. It is a wonder some scumbag hasn't stole it for scrap.:laugh:

Have interacted with most of these items but what the heck are those walkie talkie looking things on the pole in the black and white picture? Seen them before. No idea what they are.

-THE MENACE

Have you never been to a drive in movie? My girlfriend and I went to the drive in almost every weekend. We had a great time, and every so often, we would even watch the movie.:whistle:

Back