back in time

I remember all but the milk delivered..i still dont play any games but the old classics..nintendo,sega and some atari nothing newer than ps2..
Well i was lucky enough to go to the drive in with my family a couple of years ago, but now its closed..it was not really worth going unless it was a dark night because the screen was hard to see..but on a dark night it was great..only one thing they didnt have was that big box speaker that mounts to the window, instead u just turn your radio to a station to hear it play threw it..

Ah you left out a picture of the Helms Bakery delivery truck and the Oscar Meyer weiner mobile (which is still out there - saw it two weeks ago and got pics!)

Still have a drive in theater one freeway exit from me. I think 10$ for 2 movies (in a row). But my 9 speaker stereo in the car sounds way better than those things you hang in the window. (I was born in 86 and still had all that but the milk)

Pretty sure they still make Jiffy Pop.

Still have those ice cube trays somewhere. Loved the loud crack they made when you pulled the lever.

Caps are probably banned but fireworks that can shake a neighborhood are now legal in my area.

Indiana still has MANY drive in theaters; however, if they do away with film, I doubt most will be able to afford the digital upgrade.

I stopped by our office last week and saw a secretary using a typewriter...had no idea we still had one and joked that I was surprised she even knew what it was.

Only a true audiophile listens to music on vinyl...and it must be spun on a turntable that costs as much as a small house!

Found my 110 Kodak a while back with a half used roll of film in it. After 20+ years, I doubt anything would develop.

No milk man but we did have an egg man. Once a week he'd stop by in a red van and deliver farm fresh eggs.

Remember all that milkmans name was Toni. Who remembers the dangerous game of Jarts? I still have a set.

Great fun. Here kids, I got you some giant darts, with tips in them long enough to penetrate your skull. Why don't you go in the yard and play.:shocked:

I remember them all. We never had milk delivered since there was 5 kids in the house....Momma would mix regular with powdered and double the supply. My Grandma lived in the country, had several cows, chickens, hogs, loved hanging out there.

Phone update

phone.jpg

Crazy times i tell ya.....i grew up at least when i was a little guy round 5 in illionois on a n old farm. The house was heated in the winter by a coal furnace! Yes we had to scoop and clean all the used cinders out and put them on the driveway in the winter to help combat the snow etc! I do remember everything on that list but the milk as we had cows and never got milk from a store. Hell do you guys remember the first VCRs. The remotes if they had them had long cords on them....lol the living room had to be rearranged so dad could have the corded remote close to his chair!

Back