Back in the saddle! :)

kanjy

Registered
After a two month hiatus, my 2011 red/black BUSA is back in business and looking prettier then ever. Paid a pretty penny to get her back right, but now shes back home where she belongs.

Along the way, she was mistreated and short changed by underhanded crooks ("Everything Motorcycles" bike shop in Miami, FL.. STAY. AWAY.)

She has endured being transported along the 95, 874, 826 and the turnpike at least 4 times. Paid about 6.5k total (I had no insurance), almost 1.5k+ in parts I provided from primarily Ebay (included required repair pieces, cosmetic pieces, and spares including an almost complete fairing set), 1.3k in parts from the crook shop, 1.7K in labor from the crook shop, and the rest some minor parts and labor from the honest shop I eventually found (thank god!) per recommendation from a friend at work. The money at the honest shop was spent fixing fairing issues the crook shop messed up, minor paint work, foot peg installation left driver and passenger, left exhaust as well as installing some frame sliders. One thing the crook shop did right tho I guess was the steel braided lines... wow!.. not impressed.

Did some minor cosmetic in the spirit of saving money for now: gel grips, tank pad, gixxer 1000 mirrors (thank you pashnit!), puig double bubble.. everything else stock. Frame sliders and steel braided brake hose was necessary upgrades in my opinion. Not cosmetic at all.

On this 2 month journey I've learned a couple of things.

- Get insurance? :whistle:

- Know how your bike is put together (I did, and it saved me a lot of headache and cash). I may not know every nook and cranny, but knowing the major components and how the fairings come together helped me keep the crooks bullsh*t in check.

- Trust no one, always check to make sure stuff is done how you want it

- You better have some serious cash or access to a credit card with a substantial limit if you plan on not having insurance.

- A big one: Ebay is your friend! I got a "new" near complete front end off of a 2011 busa with 0 miles (supposedly) with front axle of and lower triple tree and steering knuckle bearings for $300 :cheerleader:. You know how much the forks alone cost.

My life was miserable without my baby :down:. I even got a new car (traded old, lease) and I still could only think of my baby.

She's back and I couldn't be happier!!:cheerleader: pics attached.

IMG_1243[1].jpg

IMG_1249[1].jpg

IMG_1248[1].jpg

Great story, but it should have ended with you getting a good camera to take a better pic of your baby...

Glad your back together.

1ibandit
88 ZL1000, 07 KaBusa
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great story, but it should have ended with you getting a good camera to take a better pic of your baby...

Glad your back together.

1ibandit
88 ZL1000, 07 KaBusa
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed, iphone4 camera is responsible for those travesties called pics

I'm glad you got it back together and didn't just write the bike off, that would have been a real shame...seems like you have had an uphill battle thanks to that shop. Congrats on the hard work and keeping another one from the motorcycle boneyard.
:thumbsup:

Back