Back from Iraq, and Bike gets stolen!

V8N3T

More mods plz..
Donating Member
Registered
Hello everyone,

Long time no see to a lot of the members here.

I am back from my one year tour in Iraq, and wow did I miss the states. To make a long story short, I bought a 2008 R1 while I was on leave in January. I rode the bike for two days, and put it inside my apartment. I got back to the states on June 7. I rode the bike for five days total and then my bike was stolen on the fifth day.

So here I am, looking at getting another bike here in the future. I want to protect my bike with possibly LoJack. I wanted to ask if there were any other ways I can keep the thief from riding away on my bike, like my R1.

When they stole my R1, I was sitting in my bed “around 10:30pm/ 22:30â€￾ and I heard a weird noise outside. I look out the window and my tail light on my bike is on. I try and wake the wife as I am running outside, which was pointless lol. She just turned the other cheek. As I am running outside butt naked, they are just riding off on it. So I figure it took them no more than 30seconds to steal my bike.

So I am looking to get a 2008 and above busa. Anyone know anyone whom may be selling theirs? I don’t want to buy it brand new because the dealerships are charging 13K+

Thanks again to all in advance.

V/R

Rob

Sorry to hear it, brotha! Several bikes for sale here on the board. Take a look and thanks for your service!

Glad to hear you made it back safe. You should ask around at different dealerships to see if they have any military specials going on. I got my 09 here in Denver for $11,984.32 OTD because of a military special that goes through the end of July. Here's the break down: base price= $10,685.00, set up= $285.00, freight= $315.00, documentation= $139.50, tax= $559.82 which comes to the grand total of $11,984.32 out the door. Never hurts to ask.:thumbsup:

So sorry, :welcome: back to AMERICA.. Hope ya get another one, hey get the fastest color, ( BLACK ) good luck big guy,and thanks for you're service. Ride safe..

Hey man welcome back... where were you? I was looking into putting lojack on my bike. After some time seaching on here there are better GPS systems you can track yourself. The police have to have lojack for it work in your area so check with them. If you get a new busa look into roadloc. Daryl is a sponcer on this site great customer service and a great product. Best of luck bro!

LOCK THE STEERING, LOCK THE BRAKE ROTOR, CHAIN THE BIKE, USE AN ALARM WITH PAGER SO YOU KNOW A.S.A.P. WHEN SOMEONE TOUCHES IT, GET A GUN, INSTALL A KILL SWITCH, GET A DOG, KEEP IT INSIDE OR BUY A NINJA 250CC KNOW BODY STEALS THOSE:rofl:

DISREGUARD THE LAST ONE... I COULDNT HELP MYSELF.??? MAKE IT HARD ON THE THIEF. THE HARDER IT IS TO GET, THE BETTER. THEY'LL GO FIND ONE EASIER TO GET. AND THE LONGER YOU HOLD'EM UP, MORE TIME FOR YOU TO PUT SOME HOT ROCKS IT THAT AZZ:laugh: I HATE A DAMN THIEF:banghead:

I have a lil-house dog that gets upset when someone gains unlawful entry into my shiznit. If he wakes me up, its on. Jail would look like a Disney Vacation compared to what will happen if I catch someboby in this yard.

:welcome: back and thank you for your service!!! sorry about your bike, I too hate thieves:cursin: you might want to invest in an alarm, if nothing else at least a roadlock, great product! and good insurance..:beerchug:

Put a covered chain through the frame. That'll atleast slow them down some.

If you get a Busa, get a RoadLok. I know for a fact it saved our friend's and hubby's Busa a couple of Saturday Nights ago. We were all in downtown Austin with the 3 Busa's parked side by side. The only one without the RoadLok was stolen.

I recommend the Scorpio alarm systems, I have on on my Busa and it is nice (seams to drain the battery a bit though) but it is really great two way pager and there is a remote ignition kill, so you could have hit a button and killed the engine right there, also there is a baterry back up so if the clip battery wires, and a perimiter sensor that works really well letting you and any one else know if they get to close so you can have a good warning. but mechanical locks are good but really if they wanna get it that bad they will... just make it harder on them and give yourself more warning about it. and with the Scorio alarms you would have had a great warning I think would have stopped that theft totally, provided you could kick their but or something if they persisted on pushing it down the road or something.. and sorry to hear about your luck with the bike, what is this country coming to... I mostly recommend it being kept inside, either house or garage, cause there is another lock for them to mess with and out of site out of mind. good luck with a future purchuse

Rob
I've looked into this but all those locks and alarms will DELAY the A$$ from taking your bike. The fact of the matter is, is that the only true way is to put a GPS tracker on your bike. The most affordable one that I've found is called the snitch....

BLACKLINE - GPS

Hope this works for you....

I had a 750 stolen from me once. So one of the first things I bought for my Busa was a lojack(early warning) and now I have a scorpio alarm. I'm going to get the Snitch probably in a bout two months.

Bigfoot, I agree with you on what you said. I own several guns. One reason is down here the thieves will sometimes hook a chain to the garage and rip the door off to get to whats in the garage. Anyone trys to take what is mine this is what they will get, :guns::firing:.

Oh man sorry to hear about that! I came back from my tour years ago and a heard something like you did, I grabbed my weapon and ran downstairs out the door and caught the little bastard trying to push my bike out the open garage door. The turd NEVER SEEN a pistol barrel so fricken beeg before pointed at his nose! The Judge gave the juvy probation and warned him about trying to steal from soldiers with guns.

get the best alarm you can get bullets for. :rulez:

Back