Back from da islands ...

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Spent the last 10 days working on my house, my moms house, and my biz in Hawaii. I woke allmost everyday at 5 a.m. and headed for starbucks then the beach for an hr or so before getting to work. The first day was epic surf about shoulder to head high with only 4 other guys out. The next several days were pretty flat then a big swell hit the west side and I hit it out there to check it out. Some sets were double over head and so I just paddled out and got mostly bounced around but didnt drown.
biggrin.gif

Did I mention it was 80 degrees + everyday?

Shaka Brah!

Hilo_1_15_05_026.jpg

sweet! The big island is pretty bad-ass. Were the breaks reef or shore? any local attitude?

I really spent most of my time working as the home and yard really needed some attention... the tree's and shrubs are all trimmed now, I actually lost a few pounds too. Check this big azz root from the nieghbors Albizia tree headed straight for my septic tank! I took it out a poured straight round up on it, hope it works...

Trip was a sucess and I highly recommend getting some where warm for a couple weeks in January.
smile.gif

Hilo_1_15_05_004.jpg

sweet!  The big island is pretty bad-ass. Were the breaks reef or shore?  any local attitude?
Hilo bay break is mostly silt bottom that piles up from the rain and river flow. The west side doesnt get 1/2 the rain that the east side does so it is mostly reef. As for attitude ... I used to get tons when I was a kid but for the last 20 years or so, I give it instead.
biggrin.gif
nah just kiddin.

but seriously not many bad vibes like in the old days, 70's & 80's ...

Oh and if you really want some good surf, I would first say Kauai, then maybe Oahu or Maui but it's getting really crowded and then pops out the attitudes...

Looks nice man. I cant wait to get to Oahu. North Shore is definitely on my list.

Aloha, Stu
North shore of Oahu was slammin last week and they even held the first "tow in" surf competition there last monday. But the site seers were everywhere and the traffic jam was intense! You better get a muzzy cooling fan for the Busa.

Hilo bay break is mostly silt bottom that piles up from the rain and river flow. The west side doesnt get 1/2 the rain that the east side does so it is mostly reef. As for attitude ... I used to get tons when I was a kid but for the last 20 years or so, I give it instead.  
biggrin.gif
 nah just kiddin.  
yah... the windward side is really beautiful. I prefer it to Kona, just for the amount of green. glad to hear you got some surf!

Great pics Hawaiibusa! Thanks for sharin'...Good to see you were able to get back for a while, sounds like a great place to relax. I was at Hickam AFB for about 2.4 seconds back when I was in the Air Force...We just stayed the night then flew out the next day on our way to Guam so I didn't really get to see jack. I'll get back someday though..

Thanks again!
beerchug.gif

nice pics. brings back memories. use to spend approx 8 wks on Oahu (typically sept/oct timeframe) with the Air Force. loved the north shore and the surfing was great, at least I thought I was surfing. Locals laughed to hard to say different though... ha ha ha. thanks for the pics.

Kent, Have I ever told you that you make me sick? Love the pictures thanks. I WILL GET BACK OUT THERE AGAIN.
cool.gif

Back