Baby's is the shop

Big O

Physicist Genii
Donating Member
Registered
I was at the track last Mon, the Big track at Willow Springs and on the 4th session I started hearing a rattle coming from the engine so I coasted as best I could back into the pits. Turns out I spun a rod bearing and I need a rebuild. She's been in the shop since last Tue and I should get her back by this Fri, I hope. Since we're going to be in there we might do a few tricks to get about 20 more hp.

I'm bummin' big time without her, can't ride and it's been perfect weather, only 102 deg!

But I did get 68k miles out of the engine, and on the session before she broke I was getting to 150mph in the straight, and got my knee down in one turn. Hey, I'm still learning. I'll try to get some pics. The hardest part is waiting to get her back.

Sorry to hear it Big O..

68k... before a failure... I dunno if I can handle that.. hehe may hafta trade it for something more reliable..

good on you getting the knee down. Feels awesome don't it!

sorry to hear, Big O...

how much is it setting you back, if you don't mind me asking?

I feel your pain, Busa Brother! I blew my engine on Saturday. Luckily I bought the 4 year extended warranty. Actually broke off peices of the engine casing right where a bolt goes through. Maybe overtorqued??? I am definitely not a gearhead though, so I have no idea what happened, but the smoke screen I left sure looked cool!

Sorry to hear about that BigO, do I smell big bore kit, surprise, surprise
cool.gif

Know it sucks, but she'll be back soon better than before!

I hope I get 68K out of mine. Just glad it didnt lock up on ya or something. Is there a big bore coming your way??

Let us know.
Josh

your gonna be the fastest Genii on the planet! Someone wanna argue who has the fastest and longest lasting color now???

it's gonna set me back at least 3k and maybe less than 4k.
I'm gonna have a different intake cam to boost the hp about 10 more. All the rest will be stock still, pistons rings, crankshaft (1k) I didn't want a used crank. He's going to include a new clutch basket with welded tabs by the new beefy springs, a custom fix he does so they don't break.

Of course I forgot to bring my camera, but he said he'd take pics and send them to me. I'd like to show the clutch basket mod, it's pretty cool.

I didn't rail it hard all the 68k miles, mostly commuting, but she had 5 track days on her, and I let her stretch her legs on the back roads on the Vegas trips....and Laguna.

I saw her today all torn apart, my mechanic was just cracking the case. Two spun bearings, grooved crank, the connecting rod hole was oval shaped, not round.

Yea dude-- you did get alot outta da blue black-- fastest according to you. Cool to hear about track day's-- I did one in 05-- powerful beast ain't she. Hope you get her fixed up and running strong soon. Hows Doc? Pm me .

Back