Baby J Update

The Cockpit is looking Tight Bro, patience is key in this battle though, you'll have BabyJ looking cherry before you know it...

Okay, claims adjuster just left and handed me a check for $3317. Parts will be ordered this weekend and we'll see how long it takes to get them.

Oh no! I missed the original thread Ken...what happened?!

At least I see you posting, so you must be okay?
sad.gif

Sweet looking cockpit Ken and very good news that the insurance company paid up right there on the spot. Now expedite those new parts and get Baby J back on the road soonest!!

Oh no!  I missed the original thread Ken...what happened?!  

At least I see you posting, so you must be okay?  
sad.gif
Girl, you have been away for awhile again. Here's the post <a href="https://www.hayabusa.org/cgi-bin/busa/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=6;t=31906;hl=baby+j">The Accident<a>, but the short version is I got rear-ended last weekend on her. No one was injured, so now I just have to order the parts. Sucks a little, but it could have been worse. That also means you missed the other news which I won't spoil with a highlight. Here you go: <a href="https://www.hayabusa.org/cgi-bin/busa/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=6;t=32053">Next Trick<a>.

Sweet looking cockpit Ken and very good news that the insurance company paid up right there on the spot. Now expedite those new parts and get Baby J back on the road soonest!!
I want to cheat and pre-order them, but decided to wait so they will be ordered today or tomorrow. Hopefully within the next couple weeks it will only be a memory!

First off, thanks to everyone that posted on my accident thread.  It means a lot to me.  Second, just so everyone knows what's up I got a call from the lady's (actually her fiancee's) insurance company with a claim number and someone should be out within the next 24 to 48 hours to take a look.  If all works, I should be able to start ordering parts by the end of the week and hopefully the remainder of the riding season won't be lost for her.

Interesting point about that day is that I was headed to a local bike shop to pick up some new reservoir covers and finish her cockpit.  Anyway, here's what the cockpit looks like now and I only wish I could be flying this thing!
Your Bike is tight. I felt your pain Bro. Once you start riding again it will be before the recommended time, just take it slow; Busas tend to make you get better quicker.

Glad they're takin' care of it so quickly. I was gonna suggest telling them that your back and neck are hurting from the accident but you could probably forget about that if they would cut you a check for the bike damage quickly.
biggrin.gif

First off, thanks to everyone that posted on my accident thread.  It means a lot to me.  Second, just so everyone knows what's up I got a call from the lady's (actually her fiancee's) insurance company with a claim number and someone should be out within the next 24 to 48 hours to take a look.  If all works, I should be able to start ordering parts by the end of the week and hopefully the remainder of the riding season won't be lost for her.

Interesting point about that day is that I was headed to a local bike shop to pick up some new reservoir covers and finish her cockpit.  Anyway, here's what the cockpit looks like now and I only wish I could be flying this thing!
Your Bike is tight. I felt your pain Bro. Once you start riding again it will be before the recommended time, just take it slow; Busas tend to make you get better quicker.
Thanks, bro.

Glad they're takin' care of it so quickly. I was gonna suggest telling them that your back and neck are hurting from the accident but you could probably forget about that if they would cut you a check for the bike damage quickly.
biggrin.gif
If they had decided to play games the play (which didn't exist) would have gotten substantially worse!
laugh.gif

Ken, you've been a busy man!!!

Sorry about the accident, but thank God no one was seriously injured...

Busa is looking awesome!!!! How did you fit in "fighting the war on terror" and an extreme makeover at the same time?!
cool.gif

Glad the insurance company is taking care of you.
Baby J will be back in no time, and it will all be a memory.

Ken, you've been a busy man!!!

Sorry about the accident, but thank God no one was seriously injured...

Busa is looking awesome!!!!  How did you fit in "fighting the war on terror" and an extreme makeover at the same time?!  
cool.gif
I wish I could say it was easy, but it was a royal pain in the a$$! Hopefully, the worst is behind me and only sunshine to look forward to. Definitely glad no one was hurt. Thanks for the compliment.

Back