[b]why things happen?[/b]

2wheeldfien

Registered
Anyone ever think or beleive that everything happens for a reason? maybe a far fetched topic.....but i have been currently been going thru a slum.....lost house in flood, injured back, problems with work a few other but those are the major...all with inside a month....with the exception of the new busa, purchased b4 all this life is fubar a little right now. life was pretty good. all with in a month it was tossed upside down.....i try to stay positive about things, and tell myself everything happens for a reason, and your only delt weight u can handle, things always work out and if its not for the bad the good wouldnt be appreciated....am i nuts? dont get me wrong i try to keep good faith but the endless nights of sleep and the camping trip of being with out a home is getting old quick, usually on bad days i have my house/headquarters to regroup at....now the only regroup i get is the very few short rides i get in between doct appts, contractor meets, cleaning and hoping that my health that day will be able to tolerate a short ride to clear the mind.....

It may appear that things happen for a reason, because of resulting changes. But usually, they just
happen on their own. Hang in there, that's all we can do sometimes.

Prayers for things getting better for you brother. When things go south for me, I know the man upstairs has a plan. It may not feel that way at the time, but when things do turn around and are 10 times better than what they were to begin with, I know he knows whet he is doing. Keep your head up, we're all here for ya.

I'm sorry things are so bad right now...just hang on and I'm sure things will turn around for you, hopefully very soon! We're here to talk to...you're not alone; so many feel the same way...

The good lord will not give you more than you can handle, as tough as that may seem. Hang in there....

Having Faith can be a very strong thing. If you truly believe that "god will not give you more... or "all things happen for a reason" then you can find peace and security.

IMHO I am an atheist and must say things are just random . How many times we will never know, if we had left our homes one minute sooner or later if we would have been killed on the road.
We all like a roadmap, but there may be none.
I would find inside yourself the strength to push forward. To know things always change. Make a plan and look for the small pleasures. Life is beautiful but it has it's rough patches. I have learned from my tough days and I am a better person for them.
I wish you much happiness and peace.

To be quite honest, im not going pray or ask the man upstairs for happiness, not i dont believe in him or that i only believe in him when im in need....i went to a catholic grammer school and have been raised to believe in that there is a lord, but i cant even remember the last time i was in church or even prayed for that matter, to sit here now and do it would be fake on my part, if there is a man upstairs he has his plan and so be it....things always work out, but i believe the way they work out is with the small choices one makes in life...4HSMEN is correct in saying that to learn from tough days does make you a better person...kinda like the sayin what doesnt kill you makes you stronger...things can always be better but then again they can always be worse.....however, i only joined this forum 2 days ago, and to see that a far fetched topic like this brings people i never met to wish me luck, happiness and prayers truly is a small sign that maybe things do happen for a reason and things could always be worse...many thanks to all of you, sincerly hats off to be a part of a wonderful group....:bowdown::thumbsup::beerchug:

We all have challenges in life the goal is to overcome them and become stronger through them :beerchug: you can always ask for guidance and wisdom IMO :thumbsup:

the challenges i dont mind, the array of challenges at the same time is what is a little over whelming....dont know where to start 1st or if i even have the option too....but on the good side, even with the unwanted challenges, i added a wanted challenge of doing a low and long build on the busa, figured with the unplanned challenges, may as well throw in a planned one and see how it pans out:laugh:

One last thing, like you said, "can always be worse".
I thought I had health problems, kidneys etc. Seemed at one point "it could not get any worse" then my daughter became ill with Lupus. Suddenly in a second what I thought was a big deal became nothing.

To be quite honest, im not going pray or ask the man upstairs for happiness, not i dont believe in him or that i only believe in him when im in need....i went to a catholic grammer school and have been raised to believe in that there is a lord, but i cant even remember the last time i was in church or even prayed for that matter, to sit here now and do it would be fake on my part, if there is a man upstairs he has his plan and so be it....things always work out, but i believe the way they work out is with the small choices one makes in life...4HSMEN is correct in saying that to learn from tough days does make you a better person...kinda like the sayin what doesnt kill you makes you stronger...things can always be better but then again they can always be worse.....however, i only joined this forum 2 days ago, and to see that a far fetched topic like this brings people i never met to wish me luck, happiness and prayers truly is a small sign that maybe things do happen for a reason and things could always be worse...many thanks to all of you, sincerly hats off to be a part of a wonderful group....:bowdown::thumbsup::beerchug:

Careful with that logic. His plan might be to keep allowing this until He gets you to pray...

You know, I've got a 15 year old son. Once he's grown up and doing his thing as an adult, I hope he call me when he needs me, even if we haven't spoken in a while. That's a father's heart. I'm just sayin'...

:thumbsup:

I have been there. I hurt my back in 1985, had a nice home, cars, bikes. What ever i wanted i bought. In 2001 i was taken out of work with my back and lost everything over it. Yes life is tough but you have to hang in there. Things will be OK if you just believe. I still cant go back to work and still don't have a house but i am happier now then i have ever been. I have a lady that loves me very much and my busa. At my age (51) i don't want the other stuff. I just want to enjoy the life i have and ride when my back will let me. Don't give up it will get better. Good luck

thank you very much for the words of encouragement guys, it is nice to know that people who simply share the same bike and intrest i do are here just to tell there side of the story and shed some light on mine, 4HSMEN i will pray for your daughter..for that i will pray. i will pray for the health and happiness of another b4 i do for mine...like i said for me to sit here and now ask the man upstairs for help, IMO would be fake since i rarely or ever pray to him....but something like what your daughter has is much more serious than the array of discomforts life has brought upon me in the last month...i wear a cross and my saint around my neck, for your daughter i will kiss both and hope the man upstairs answers them for her....HT_USMC, u bring a very valid point here...MR8BALL, i agree and can see your story...sometimes life is best and most enjoyable in simplicity...thank you again guys:beerchug:

oh btw....as i write this im on a cig break from painting...one thing i hated with a passion, has actually brought me temporay peace and a sence of handle..if that makes sence.....very intresting how something i hated sooo much, at this point i dont mind and actually like it....as i stated my back is not in good shape, but today i have the health to do it.....along with with pain killers the doc gave me a month ago, and i dont like to take, buut today i did:whistle:....amazing what a beer and 2 of them can accomplish:laugh:

Happen for a reason, or a reason for them happening?

Many times people say things happen for a reason, true, but there may be a reason they happen. I feel that events and “happenings” may not define a specific event but rather define the way we deal with, and handle the event. We can choose how we come away from tragedy, windfalls and epic events within our lives. We can choose to recognize them as gifts, or contest them as “Just pure luck”, or we can look upon them as the gifts that are given to us, and whole heartedly accept them, thankfully, and change our course of life for the better.
Just a little opining!

Sorry about the Font, It got away from me!
Bubba

Last edited:
Back