B-King or Hayabusa?

Karim Hemmat

Registered
Hey Guys!

I am a little lost. I have always owned a hayabusa ( had a 99 busa, then a 2008 ) never owned anything else.. I loooooooooooooooooooooove my bike. However, recently i moved far away from my work, and due to traffic i go with my bike. Long rides are a little tuff on my back. So i am thinking of getting a B-King instead. I need to know if anyone has ever got off a hayabusa for a b-king, how was it?? any thoughts please?

pic001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You could also get handlebar risers and helibars. Combine that with the Buell foot rest mod, and you're basically on a dual sport!

I had an 08 Busa for 3 1/2 years. A year after owning it I had a back injury, 3 buldging discs in lower back. After a long recovery(to some extent)the Busa was always uncomfortable. I did bar risers, then bar risers and heli-bars, both an improvement. I later did a Spiegler bar conversion(dirtbike bars), a big improvement, but not enough. The Busa gas tank is simply too long, and I'm 5'10", 33" waist, 34" inseam, 173lbs. I can easily flatfoot the Busa.
So, I traded my gen2 straight up for an 08 B-King. I loved the B-King! The B-King was night and day more comfortable than the Busa.
My heels were slightly off the ground on the B-King, but I wasn't hunched over or reaching for the bars. The B-King fit me perfectly and I could and did ride it for hours at a time.
I sold the B-king as I simply got tired of heavy bikes. The B-King was slightly heavier than the Busa, and the center of gravity was a little higher. I had no other complaints about the B-King. The weight wasn't a real problem either, as I had no handling issues with it and could rail corners and had no chicken strips.
The real reason I sold it was that I had been wanting another gsxr1k(which I still haven't bought yet, but I will).
A friend of mine put dirtbike bars on his 09 gsxr1k, and personally it is the best of countless bikes I've owned or ridden.
Just like a B-King, only about 130lbs lighter.
If you're considering a B-King, definitely go and ride one. Best way I can describe it is a big heavy and comfortable dirtbike.
It is underpowered compared to the Busa, but easily fixed. Just needs the ecu flashed, ram-air tubes for the airbox, and the exhaust pipe valve set to full open, or removed. I did all that to mine.

You could also get handlebar risers and helibars. Combine that with the Buell foot rest mod, and you're basically on a dual sport!

Even still, with all that, the Busa is still not even close to the B-King.

B-King has a piss poor 16.5 later tank, awful fake plastic tank pods and fake dummy exhausts,
It's terrible for pillions and lacks rider leg room for full size long leg riders.
You can get lower pegs to help with leg room but the Kings pegs already feel less sporty than the
Busa and I wouldn't want to drop mine any more.

I have owned my King since 07, it's a lot of fun and I find it more comfortable than either of my
previous 02 or 04 Busa's, just not as practical or easy to live with. It's a solo blast fun bike.

I also have a Busa with a top yoke conversion and Renthals.
Better than my past Busa's or current B-King for what I do including 600 mile day rides.

If I wanted comfort (I'm over 50 and damaged) and a Busa I'd be looking at a top yoke and
suitable bars. They are often sold as "Comfort kits". More use than King.

King is still around 163hp out of the crate.
Less than a Busa but even thought its slightly longer and heavier its not noticeable on the street.

Interestingly, running at the strip, 37 / 39psi tyres, full height, no straps or burnout, genuine street spec
I was running constant 10.3's on both a faired Busa and B-King. For me personally the Busa's extra ponys
are only useful over 220kph / 140mph when the fairing becomes useful. King is good off the lights and around
the town and mountains if you have any ability. It just lacks the ballistic top end.

600 mile days are not rare for me.

Last weekend was a quiet one, we did 340 miles before 11am on Saturday
and 350 miles home befor mid day on Sunday.

I don't miss the fairing or hiding behind Tupperware,
but I really do appreciate the upright riding position on my two..

116iee0.jpg

Make sure you ride one before you buy - I looked long and hard at B-King for reasons others mentioned (more upright position) - however - I could not get comfortable with my legs - felt like I was riding a horse - where you sit "in" the Busa, you straddle a B-King - at least I did -

Long commute on 2 wheels that offers comfort & still possess get up and go.....

Hate to say it as much as it pains me :laugh: but have you looked at the Kawasaki Concourse?? There has has been a ton of Org members that have transitioned from a busa to that bike. Some specifically for the reasons you mentioned..... I would suggest go and take a look 4 yourself

I had an 04LE and an 08 King. I felt cramped up on the Busa and sold it this fall. Since Suzuki isn't planning on improving the Busa anytime soon I bought a ZX14R. I still have the King and like it for the better riding position. Sixpack re-flashed my ecu and I put a set of Yosh TRC's on it. I'm going to open up the exhaust valve this spring. It's like riding a top heavy supermoto with a crap load of power.

From someone who has owned many bikes and still has a fair number in the garage. I'd say the B-king is the most fun bike I've owned and can handle extended rides. It's the only bike I have a real attachment to and it's been retired from regular riding with 23k and is a garage trophy at this point. Only taken out on sunny days for a little hooligan riding. The Concours is my everyday rider (commuter) and has good power and all the road amenities. For me at 5'7" it's very comfy and with earplugs extended freeway riding is no problem with it's upright (slightly canted forward) riding stance. I love my B-King. Yes! For me it's been a capable, comfortable all day rider. BTW - this is the winter parking configuration so my wife can park her car in the garage and avoid the chill, frost and snow.

IMG_9028.jpg

Back