B King Inspired Busa

Outkasted

Registered
My interpretation of a B King. It all started with just wanting to mount the LSL handlebars and give those a go. I didn't care for the look from the side with the stock fairings so I decided something had to be done. Not a very good picture but I think you can get what look I was going for. I am still debating on doing the GSXR tail conversion but I don't want to loose the ability to have a passenger. No factory fairings were harmed in this transformation, everything is bolt on and I have all the stock parts to put it back to original.

Curious on what you guys think?

busa.JPG

That looks really cool. You don't have to worry about showing up somewhere and seeing a bike that looks just like yours.

I have thought about trying to find a front fender like that for the gen 2 and mounting driving lights in the holes.

Nice! I think that might look sweet with the gsxr tail conversion. The sharp lines will tie right into the gsxr tail.

Cool...Add the gsxr tail. No problem riding passengers atleast not with the one from greggs customs.

I like it !

I run a Naked Gen-1 and a B-King.

As a comparison to a B-King ? You have a shorter, lighter bike, a bigger fuel tank with a better range, a tank that takes decent magnetic tank bags, and if you leave the factory tail a MUCH better pillion bike than a B-King.

I have a GSXR tail on my Busa, I like the look, but the Busa's tail is much more pillion friendly.m

I like B-Kings, they are fun, but nowhere as easy to live with as a Busa.

Where a King wins is the brakes. I have braided lines and top fluid and pads on my 6-plop Busa. The Kings stock 8 year old brakes with old fluid and rubber lines is still waaaay better. I want a Gen-2 / King front end for my Gen-1.

I thought about all the comparisons I have read before deciding to make changes to the Busa. At one point I was going to trade straight for a B king but was worried I wouldn't like it in the long run. This seemed like the right choice because I could put it back to stock fairly easily. I am still looking into the gsxr tail but I have a corbin seat with backrest for my stock tail and my wife loves it. Not sure I want to give that up. I wish there was a quick change option. I will stick with what I have for now and research more on the gsxr conversion. Only thing left is to purchase a new hid kit for it to match my switchback turn signals. Current garage paint job will get professionally done at the end of this riding season. Painted everything myself except for the tank and tail.

I can't copy links from my phone for some reason, but check out fog lights on his website pashnit.com he has the details there.

I thought about all the comparisons I have read before deciding to make changes to the Busa. At one point I was going to trade straight for a B king but was worried I wouldn't like it in the long run. This seemed like the right choice because I could put it back to stock fairly easily. I am still looking into the gsxr tail but I have a corbin seat with backrest for my stock tail and my wife loves it. Not sure I want to give that up. I wish there was a quick change option. I will stick with what I have for now and research more on the gsxr conversion. Only thing left is to purchase a new hid kit for it to match my switchback turn signals. Current garage paint job will get professionally done at the end of this riding season. Painted everything myself except for the tank and tail.

I would look into led retro-fit/sealed projector headlights instead.
HID bulbs are no good in a non HID headlight. The beam gets scattered.
Also, if you're in traffic switching from hi to low beams, sometimes it takes time for the hi beam to come back.

Back