B King got Lockup yesterday

RacingJake

Registered
Finally installed my lockup on the B King, just had to grind down 3 casting on the cover. Now just some fine tuning.

P1060200_zpst3j5sjku.jpg

P1060204_zpswxxbirgy.jpg

P1060205_zpsvjb2egjw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does that pressure plate have the hardened button inserts for the weighted arms ?

No it doesn't at this time, I've been running a lockup in my GS1100 for almost 20 years and love it, so it's about
time the B King get's one.

MODIFIED PRESSURE PLATE

Modified pressure plate. The prices of the lockup clutches include the modification to the pressure plate where hardened buttons are installed for the lockup fingers to press on.
Install Hardened Buttons on Customer Supplied Pressure Plate - #LC810 - $75.00
Pressure plates are available outright for an additional charge of $48.50. We do not do core / refunds.

MODIFIED PRESSURE PLATE

Modified pressure plate. The prices of the lockup clutches include the modification to the pressure plate where hardened buttons are installed for the lockup fingers to press on.
Install Hardened Buttons on Customer Supplied Pressure Plate - #LC810 - $75.00
Pressure plates are available outright for an additional charge of $48.50. We do not do core / refunds.

I'm planning to buy the pressure soon and would like to get the head ported and 1400 kit next year.

Reactions: c10
What does a
Lockup do ?

:race:

#Better60footTimes ~ #SlipsAndHolds ~ #TuneAbility ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
What does a lockup do

It allows you to use less static spring pressure with shims, lower rated springs pressure or 3 springs instead of 6 or a mix of all. Your trying to find that sweet spot in static spring pressures where you can dump the clutch at 8K rpms and not end up on your back or just sit there not going anywhere due to too much slippage on a street bike.

Once your out of the hole the clutch needs more clamping force or it's going to keep slipping down the track. That's where the arms come into play due to centrifugal force, the more weight you add to the arms the more pressure is added to the clutch pressure plate preventing slippage. Also adding more weight will bring the clutch in faster too.

It allows you to use less static spring pressure with shims, lower rated springs pressure or 3 springs instead of 6 or a mix of all. Your trying to find that sweet spot in static spring pressures where you can dump the clutch at 8K rpms and not end up on your back or just sit there not going anywhere due to too much slippage on a street bike.

Once your out of the hole the clutch needs more clamping force or it's going to keep slipping down the track. That's where the arms come into play due to centrifugal force, the more weight you add to the arms the more pressure is added to the clutch pressure plate preventing slippage. Also adding more weight will bring the clutch in faster too.
Ty im reading now

Thats dope ty i completely understand it

Back