AZ Ride: Saturday Feb. 9th

Okay gang, here's the route that I propose. I'm @ 2hrs. from Apache Junction, and personally, I'd like to get a start no later than 9:00 or 10:00 from the Chevron station at Goldfield Rd. & US 60. I know that reddevil#1 is coming up from Tucson, and another rider can't make it before 11-ish. I have some commitments in the afternoon, so I can't afford too late of a start.

Anyway, here's my idea for a ride: Winkelman loop

Any other ideas, start times, etc?

leaning more towards the 9th!
you had better ride with them on the 9th biatch and represent for all of us you left behind up here in the frigid omaha weather when you moved to phoenix. Would ride with if I could!
fight.gif

Road thing, just let me know what time you want to meet at the Chevron, and I'll be there.

Definite three from up here. May have 1+ meeting at the Chevron on Goldfield & 60. Might not have a definite head-count on people I notified until Friday. I'm getting some sniveling from some people about wanting to move it to Sunday. I'm up for either day.

I see that Copperone is up for the ride as well. So, we have eight so far? Anyone else?

if ur going b4 11am on sat i dont think i can make but ill try to get off early. if its on sunday anytime works for me i can meet u at the 101 and carefree

Tucson guys are meeting at oracle and river at 0950, at the gas staion. We will leave at 0900 respestively. We should be in florence at the bar next to ATV off roar adventures, just north of the prison at 1000. Here is a map to the river bottom bar.http://www.arizonaoutdooradventures.com/phoenix_tucson_maps.pdf. They won't be happy we used the map. But it's on the web so I guess we can use it. If you get lost don't call the number on the map. Also be carful driving through Florence the police can be a pain. Now that I think I got that all out, I also need to say that the River Bottom Bar is slightley a Harley Bar so this ought to be fun.

Tucson guys are meeting at oracle and river at 0950, at the gas staion. We will leave at 0900 respestively. We should be in florence at the bar next to ATV off roar adventures, just north of the prison at 1000. Here is a map to the river bottom bar.http://www.arizonaoutdooradventures.com/phoenix_tucson_maps.pdf. They won't be happy we used the map. But it's on the web so I guess we can use it. If you get lost don't call the number on the map. Also be carful driving through Florence the police can be a pain. Now that I think I got that all out, I also need to say that the River Bottom Bar is slightley a Harley Bar so this ought to be fun.
What's your idea for the ride? Do you guys want to do the Winkelman loop, or something in the Florence area?

Got your voicemail, I'll call you.

As far at the River Bottom being a Harley bar, I doubt it will be a problem unless a certain motorcycle "club" happens to be there. I don't worry about them when I'm on my Harley, but I'd be less than thrilled to encounter them en-masse while on the 'Busa. If it were a charity run, we'd have no worries, but this isn't one of those occasions.

From Florance (other than taking one of the loops north) there isn't much in the way of riding other than hwy 87 back to Chandler. Then its back to all city traffic or freeway.

Since we're going to meet in Florance, I can just meet everyone there. That way, you all won't have to make an extra stop at the Chevron off Goldfield.

Since we're going to meet in Florance, I can just meet everyone there.  That way, you all won't have to make an extra stop at the Chevron off Goldfield.
I'll be stopping at the Chevron regardless.

I can do either day, but prefer Saturday. I'm going out again on Sunday, but staying on the west side of town.

So, WHERE, and WHEN?

I'm up for meeting in Florence, not a problem on my part. I still vote for the Winkelman loop, but a ride is a ride.

Let's get this thing hammered out.

can you get to the winkleman loop from florence in reasonsable amount of time or do the Tucson guys need to readjust? I just want a good ride.

If we meet in Florance at 10:00 and leave by say 10:30 we'll be up Superior by 11:00 or so. It about 36 miles over to Winkleman. Then around 60 miles back to Oracle Junction. So meeting at 10:00 should be good. But I'll meet where ever when ever I just want to ride....

If we meet in Florance at 10:00 and leave by say 10:30 we'll be up Superior by 11:00 or so.  It about 36 miles over to Winkleman.  Then around 60 miles back to Oracle Junction.  So meeting at 10:00 should be good.  But I'll meet where ever when ever I just want to ride....
Just spoke to reddevil#1, and it's ON for SATURDAY at 10:00 at the River Bottom in Florence!

I will be stopping at the Chevron on Goldfield. If you want to meet there, let me know.

correction TO THE TUCSON GUYS ONLY. (not yelling, just trying to make sure this is clear) The Tucson riders will meet at Oracle and river at 0900 (not 0950. Then move on to florence from there.

I'm going to shoot on out to Florance and I'll meet you all there.

Here's a map of the proposed route:

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=3265+S.+Goldfield+Road,+Apache+Junction,+AZ&daddr=Globe,+AZ+to:Winkelman,+AZ+to:Superior,+AZ&mra=pe&mrcr=2&sll=33.261657,-111.019592&sspn=0.629273,1.145325&ie=UTF8&om=0&ll=33.213414,-111.042938&spn=0.62962,1.145325&output=embed&s=AARTsJpxxUcWfufxZd2gqkMOAsBD0UtJDw"></iframe>
View Larger Map

To all, I guess the ride is off. We spent allot of time setting this up. Thanks everybody for trying. If anyone wants to try this again. Email me we will set something up.

I will not be trying to set up another ride in the future, it's someone else's turn now. We tried.

Back