Axle Nut

BlueHaya

I'm outta here!!!!
Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone know if a 2006 is supposed to have a washer on the right side as shown in the shop manual?

When I removed my tire to gat a flat fixed I do not remember one there and do not have any extra parts.

If it is to have one would it go between the nut and the adjustment block or the brake and the arm?
rock.gif

Blue, my '05 does not have a washer on the outside of the adjustment block and the brake caliper support is right against the swingarm on the inside....no washer. The big axle nut has what looks like a washer made on to it. Maybe that's what you're seeing in the manual?

The pinned shop manual shows an actual washer.

But if yours is without also maybe they changed something later.

I am just worrying that something is wrong with my rear wheel. I had the tire changed and when i put it back on either the chain was out of adjustment or maybe they bent my sprocket when the changed the tire?

I rode it this evening and it felt like it was wanting to skate. They have the tire in the right direction..maybe just the new tire on back?

Does the chain tension change as you turn the wheel? You can hold a tool such as a small screwdriver against the swingarm for support and just a hair from the sprocket and check straightness of the sprocket. It might be as you say, the new tire.

I will try that in the am.

I will also put it back up on the stand to see how it rolls.

When I was trying to adjust on the rear stand I could put it in gear and you could visually see the sproket wobble some. I did not recheck it on the stand after adjusting on side stand.

(BlueHaya @ Sep. 09 2006,20:53) The pinned shop manual shows an actual washer.  

But if yours is without also maybe they changed something later.

I am just worrying that something is wrong with my rear wheel. I had the tire changed and when i put it back on either the chain was out of adjustment or maybe they bent my sprocket when the changed the tire?

I rode it this evening and it felt like it was wanting to skate.  They have the tire in the right direction..maybe just the new tire on back?
I remove the rear sprocket before having the tire changed. There is no reason to have the sprocket on, so it is doubtful the sprocket was bent mounting the t ire. It may be an alignment problem with the rear tire and wheel. If the rear wheel is out of alignment the chain will get loose and tight while turning the wheel, and the chain will bind as well. The tic marks for adjustment will get you in the ballpark, but they are not very precise. Just my $.02

Back