Aww crud, Dr had my blood run today..oops

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Am being forced into diet, exercise and weight loss now... crap... one of my bad cholesterol numbers was like double what it was supposed to be..

Triglycerides (what ever the heck they are) are also double friggen great.. Karen is going to be all over my case now...

Hope it is just my "egg" habit... :laugh: they are giving me like 90 days to get it under control before they "intervene" on my behalf...

any dietitians around here?

My Wife takes medication to control the same things. I forget what it's called and she's not home for me to ask. I can find out later tho.

good luck bud. i know it requires effort than I am unable to make at this point. also a lot of the healthy foods are more expensive which sucks. but just to the best you can and remember it's a marathon, not a sprint

From my own experience:
Metamucil
Metamucil: Psyllium Dietary Fiber Supplement
removes the bile (liver produces it and it is what makes cholesterol) from the intestines.
Eat it and you will have less cholesterol.
Also keeps you regular. :laugh:

Seriously, cholesterol has been greatly misunderstood.
It seems there are 2 different types, large molecule and small molecule.
The overall numbers are not what matters but rather which type.
If you have the right one (I think large molecule) then even with large overall numbers, you are less of a risk of heart attack - something about the small (I think) molecules can glom together and that is what causes the plaque and hardening of the arteries, while the large ones don't - so less problem.
Search it and find out some more, and it may put your mind at rest.

Now this is an important "oil" thread. :laugh:

Last edited:
Come on Bogus you know the drill - take care of this now.
You of all people should know the results of bad versus good cholesterol.
My Mom is in a Texas hospital recovering from a quadruple bypass and she has Diabetes and Asthma.
You know what to do, you just need to want to do it.
We would like to have you around here for a long time to come. Specially after we all got banned on your behalf in the great BANGANG OF '09 :laugh:
Bubba

A high HDL # is good but high LDL # is bad. You know what you need to do! JUST DO IT! Nothing wrong with eggs just the yolks. I eat boiled eggs all the time, just have to remove the yolks.

You just have to stop eating the crap and eat right. My diet primarily consists of sardines, tuna (yep, right from the can), pickled herring, eggs, salad, tomatoes, low-fat yogurt, vegetable juice, sandwiches using 100% whole wheat bread and 98% fat free turkey w/ a good quality mustard to make up for lapse of mayo (no cheese). After a period of time you get use to it and don't really miss all the crap - at least in my case.

Don't even buy junk food to bring home or you WILL find yourself eating it. I don't even bring it home from the grocery for this reason.

Sorry Buddy:unhappy: My current fight is with my lower blood pressure number, trying to cut back salt, etc. I want to stay away from drugs if I can

Mr. Bogus I know two things that are a certainity here; one...if you don't get some exercise and start eating better foods you're going to end up in the pipe line taking pills. I have never , ever heard of anyone getting off the pills once they're on. Two...never take wifey to hear those numbers.... they will do the intervention thing quickly and if we don't listen and play nice we don't get what we want and we're made to be even more miserable than we already are ...is that possible? Wardie

A high HDL # is good but high LDL # is bad. You know what you need to do! JUST DO IT! Nothing wrong with eggs just the yolks. I eat boiled eggs all the time, just have to remove the yolks.

You just have to stop eating the crap and eat right. My diet primarily consists of sardines, tuna (yep, right from the can), pickled herring, eggs, salad, tomatoes, low-fat yogurt, vegetable juice, sandwiches using 100% whole wheat bread and 98% fat free turkey w/ a good quality mustard to make up for lapse of mayo (no cheese). After a period of time you get use to it and don't really miss all the crap - at least in my case.

Don't even buy junk food to bring home or you WILL find yourself eating it. I don't even bring it home from the grocery for this reason.

Sardines in olive are delicious..

this is not going to end well is it....

Well Randy, it goes like this. Ten years ago I was given a clean bill other than the high cholesterol numbers, and a bit of high blood pressure. I changed my diet and slowly rubbed out red meat. Started munching on bananas, apples, and oranges. Included a salad a day with veggies on it. Converted my love for burgers into chicken-breast sandwiches and laid off the fast food, i.e. french fries, deep fried anything, etc......I also started back into cycling as a daily stress relief, and today I'm down to 200lbs all the time, I don't have high blood pressure, and after a couple months my cholesterol numbers were responding quickly to the change in diet, and the bicycle......it may sound like a lot, but I FEEL awesome.....sleep like a baby too at night !!!! :super: I still have a steak once in a while, but the trade-off has been really good to my body....

It isn't as hard as your head's making it out to be Brother !!!! :oldcool:

Hope it is just my "egg" habit... :laugh:

any dietitians around here?

I'm not a dietitian but I stayed in a Holiday Inn once.

I've seen you eat and I can assure you that you better not just focus on the eggs! (Not that I have any room to point fingers)

I'm going in for a check up soon and have a feeling I'm going to be in the same position...

I'm right there with ya randy. Just went to my appointment wednesday. Same diagnosis. No meds yet, but they gave me a few months to fix it or else :laugh:

If it tastes good, Spit it out. Try an acid reflux diet, everything I liked was a nono on their list. I tried it and finally said pizz on it. Where's the Prilocek? I hate wheat bread. I also love red meat so I'm Doomed. Good Luck Bogus.:thumbsup:

Back