Awesome motorcycle transporter

Almost every HD dealer here in Milwaukee has a truck with one of these mounted to it. It's pretty slick to watch them work!

thats pretty badass. id say an easy $10k for that but chit if u lov ur truck and want a hassle free way to transport ur bike and got money to burn then hav it I say....

Great if you plan on doing nothing but transporting bikes in the back, completely exposed to debris and weather....Emergency tow service????

thats pretty badass. id say an easy $10k for that but chit if u lov ur truck and want a hassle free way to transport ur bike and got money to burn then hav it I say....

For $10k you could buy a mighty nice enclosed trailer and be able to carry 4-6 bikes easy.
Not to mention all the other stuff a trailer can haul with or without bikes inside.

Storing that thing would take some room too as there would be times you needed your truck for other things.
Not sure if that would be a single man job (to remove it from the truck bed) like hooking up a trailer is.

If you had a towing business and wanted to add that for when you got calls to clean up a motorcycle crash
and just one motorcycle was involved and no other vehicles, then sure it would be great to have.

Otherwise You got it right - "money to burn". :laugh:

I had a boss make our store become a dealer so he could get one.

He had a truck mounted platform and drove off the other side of the deck and broke his arm. He only knew about full throttle or brakes nothing in between.

He also had a rack built in his garage so he could back up to it and winch his snowmobiles off and his 4 wheelers were parked underneath.

But he had the money to burn.

ur forgetting how much some ppl love their trucks.... maybe he's only interested in carrying his bike and screw everyone else lol I'm sure if he wants a trailer he cud buy one. its a lot more stable up there then on a trailer. be a good bike repo setup tho:laugh:

For $10k you could buy a mighty nice enclosed trailer and be able to carry 4-6 bikes easy.
Not to mention all the other stuff a trailer can haul with or without bikes inside.

Storing that thing would take some room too as there would be times you needed your truck for other things.
Not sure if that would be a single man job (to remove it from the truck bed) like hooking up a trailer is.

If you had a towing business and wanted to add that for when you got calls to clean up a motorcycle crash
and just one motorcycle was involved and no other vehicles, then sure it would be great to have.

Otherwise You got it right - "money to burn". :laugh:

its a lot more stable up there then on a trailer.

Have to disagree with you on this one.

First off Being exposed to the wind, sun, rain, and bugs etc. can't be as good for it, as in an enclosed trailer.
Being Up on a raised platform it would/could wobble more then in a trailer.
There is no reason that it couldn't be tied down as good or BETTER inside a trailer as opposed to up on a platform. No straps blowing in the wind, inside a trailer.
So how you figure it will be more stable - I don't know.

Yes I know many guys (and women) Love their trucks. :laugh:
And Yes I also know that pulling a trailer will cost you more in gas then having that platform in your truck bed.

But like I said, you can carry a LOT more stuff in a trailer then you can a truck bed.
So If a guy loved his truck, there is nothing keeping him from pulling a trailer - keeping his bike safer and being able to carry more.
With that platform system, 1 (maybe 2) bikes is the most you could carry. Probably only designed for 1 - maybe 2 dirt bikes ???
If he only had one bike and no friends - they make enclosed trailers to only hold 1 bike. Lots of trailer choices vs. 1 platform choice.

Of course if he just wants to show off his new toy and flaunt that he has a toy most others will never have - that is his choice. Even if it is less stable. :laugh:

Kinda cool. But if you have anything extra in your bed like bags, racing fuel cans, tires, gear, or even a lunchbox you gotta take it out or it dumps on the ground...

Personally, can't afford a trailer, or this thing. The HF ramps work just fine, and I check the straps whenever I stop.

I have two buddies that have both flipped their trailers coming back from Daytona on 95 and destroyed their bikes on two separate trips. 8 of them destroyed actually on one trip and 3 of them on another.

ur truck isn't gonna flip over from the trailer coming lose or catching a tail wind or a trailer tire blowing out or striking a pot hole and getting into a trailer wobble or watever so ill have to disagree with u.

someone who buys this is buying it for one reason and cud care less about all the benefits a trailer wud offer as far as storing things. not to mention the extra gas u spend and having to register and pay taxes yearly on ur trailer.

this is a novelty not a necessity. money to burn....

Have to disagree with you on this one.

First off Being exposed to the wind, sun, rain, and bugs etc. can't be as good for it, as in an enclosed trailer.
Being Up on a raised platform it would/could wobble more then in a trailer.
There is no reason that it couldn't be tied down as good or BETTER inside a trailer as opposed to up on a platform. No straps blowing in the wind, inside a trailer.
So how you figure it will be more stable - I don't know.

Yes I know many guys (and women) Love their trucks. :laugh:
And Yes I also know that pulling a trailer will cost you more in gas then having that platform in your truck bed.

But like I said, you can carry a LOT more stuff in a trailer then you can a truck bed.
So If a guy loved his truck, there is nothing keeping him from pulling a trailer - keeping his bike safer and being able to carry more.
With that platform system, 1 (maybe 2) bikes is the most you could carry. Probably only designed for 1 - maybe 2 dirt bikes ???
If he only had one bike and no friends - they make enclosed trailers to only hold 1 bike. Lots of trailer choices vs. 1 platform choice.

Of course if he just wants to show off his new toy and flaunt that he has a toy most others will never have - that is his choice. Even if it is less stable. :laugh:

I have two buddies that have both flipped their trailers coming back from Daytona on 95 and destroyed their bikes on two separate trips. 8 of them destroyed actually on one trip and 3 of them on another.

ur truck isn't gonna flip over from the trailer coming lose or catching a tail wind or a trailer tire blowing out or striking a pot hole and getting into a trailer wobble or watever so ill have to disagree with u.

someone who buys this is buying it for one reason and cud care less about all the benefits a trailer wud offer as far as storing things. not to mention the extra gas u spend and having to register and pay taxes yearly on ur trailer.

this is a novelty not a necessity. money to burn....

Well you got a few things wrong -

First off, is In my state I don't have to pay yearly taxes or license fees on my trailer - It has a permanent plate. Paid when I bought the trailer and never again. About $100.

Second is I will bet that YOUR BUDDIES that flipped their trailers were NOT DRIVING 55 mph! Most people don't get the fact that trailers are not designed to go 75-80mph.
Do you think, Uhaul puts on their trailers (in reverse) so you can see it in your mirror SPEED LIMIT 55 MPH for fun or to make your trip take longer? No, it's because they
are not designed to safely go faster.
IF they were going 55 (which I really doubt) then high winds could cause a problem - but if it's that bad they usually post high wind
warnings and advise not to drive a high profile vehicle then.
Driving 80+ in high winds is asking for trouble - or do you think that is normal?

So what are you saying - your Buddies were driving 55 and doing nothing wrong and their trailer flipped for no reason and destroyed their bikes? ???
Did they have trailer brakes and a controller?
I'm betting there is more to this story then you are telling us. Trailer don't flip for no reason. Two buddies? Glad I don't need them to trailer my bikes.
8 of them destroyed in one trip. Guess they (or the driver) didn't take enough care when transporting that much $$$$$.

Trailer coming loose - the chances of it coming loose if it is locked on are pretty slim. Unlocked/no lock then yes it could happen.
Trailer tires blowing out? Come on, be for real. That is not very often. I have duel wheels so both of them blowing out at the same time is really rare.
Of course under or over inflated or worn tires could and can cause a problem - and/or a over-weighted trailer (8 bikes? + gear) maybe enough to flip one?
I take it YOU have not trailered very much, if at all, and Your buddies experiences color your view of trailering.

To each his own and I would rather have a trailer, over that motorcycle lift.

Back