Awesome motorcycle manufacturing plant

mabupa

Donating Member
Registered
Unlike @fallenarch, I’ve never been on a BMW motorcycle, but I love watching videos of how things are made and this BMW RR assembly video, even though long, was a great watch. I have to admit I didn’t enjoy the part about what they want the future of motorcycles to look like, but Hope you guys enjoy it.

IMHO, the BMW S1000RR is the finest bike available. It is really easy to ride and you will not believe how fast you are going. The power feels a lot like a Busa to me. If I were a younger man I would have one.
I’ve never been on one, but probably will stay away from it, because if it’s as good as everyone says, then I’ll want to buy it.

Right after watching the video, I came up on your post. a good vid for sure. I actually pulled out my 2017 BMW 1000RR right after and went for a 2 hour ride. I've been riding my new to me 2012 busa. The BMW is a taller bike. At 5-10, the bmw is a little harder to get on. Vibrates a lot more than busa. Stops like a cat with sharp claws. Clutchless shift both ways is real nice too. Cruise control is a big deal to me as it allows me to rest right hand often. Can't wait until I get a chance to go to the track with it. The only thing stopping me right now is a good racing suit.

Last edited:
IMHO, the BMW S1000RR is the finest bike available. It is really easy to ride and you will not believe how fast you are going. The power feels a lot like a Busa to me. If I were a younger man I would have one.

The person who traded my Hayabusa in got a S1000RR to replace it, he really likes it but misses the Busa too.

He said the BMW does certain things better than the Busa but not everything.

i would have a liter bike if my wife didn’t ride with me as much as she does. I’ll add one to the stable again at some point I really wanted the BMW when they first came out. Now it would be based on which one fit me best and the characteristics of the bike. There are things I like about each and don’t like.

The person who traded my Hayabusa in got a S1000RR to replace it, he really likes it but misses the Busa too.

He said the BMW does certain things better than the Busa but not everything.
I think you just explained the Busa's dominance. It does everything well, and some things great. It doesn't really have a weak spot, except possibly weight, and it overcomes that with power. No, it's not flickable, but it can be muscled or modified into handling very well.

I think you just explained the Busa's dominance. It does everything well, and some things great. It doesn't really have a weak spot, except possibly weight, and it overcomes that with power. No, it's not flickable, but it can be muscled or modified into handling very well.
I agree it’s s great multipurpose machine or can be transformed into whatever niche is your preference.

the BMW is an excellent all purpose bike too. to me the Busa is more comfortable and stable. but these bikes have a lot in common from my short time on the BMW. It feels like it is bigger than a liter. You don't have to scream it.

the BMW is an excellent all purpose bike too. to me the Busa is more comfortable and stable. but these bikes have a lot in common from my short time on the BMW. It feels like it is bigger than a liter. You don't have to scream it.
My main issue with 6/750/1000 bikes is how buzzy they are compared to the busa. I tried doing longer rides on my 600 and hated it. I didn’t start venturing more than 50miles from home, until I bought the busa. The day I traded the 600, it was an eye opener to ride those 2 bikes back to back. The busa Felt like a Cadillac in comparison.

My main issue with 6/750/1000 bikes is how buzzy they are compared to the busa. I tried doing longer rides on my 600 and hated it. I didn’t start venturing more than 50miles from home, until I bought the busa. The day I traded the 600, it was an eye opener to ride those 2 bikes back to back. The busa Felt like a Cadillac in comparison.
Liter bike is MUCH better in that regard compared to the 600 but still not as nice as the Busa cruising down the interstate for sure

I was thinking about you today Miguel....

Back