Awesome day riding today!!

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, today was one of the best rides I have been on… ever I think…. The wife asked me why it was so good… hmm very little cars, lots of twisties, rolling hills, no crashes… no hassles.. just a kick arse time..

So Buzlatka does this ride like once a week, so I go with him today. We go from Hanford to the coast (ended up at Atascadero).

Got to hit top speeds of about 150 indicated (that was when I got a straight shot to try to catch up with Buzlatka, he is a much better rider than I am and smoked me in the twists.

And you guys that do wheelies!! You aint got nothen on us, you get one wheel up in the air, we got both wheels up off the ground LOL.. That was a fricken trip, had this long part of the road that was rolling hills, just up and down and up and down, now take a 500lb motorcycle and get it going 120+ over rolling hills…

Ok, wheelies are cool, I cant or wont do them, but getting both wheels off the ground is pretty cool

How do I know I got air born you ask? And not just "light" it was because when the tires came off the ground the rotation speed of the tires decelerated enough that once I touched back down on the road I felt a sudden deceleration of the bike and heard a faint chirp

It was AWESOME, have never been air born at 120+ before, except in a plane lol

Lets see what else, hmm we passed a CHP, when I first saw him we were doing about 100mph, he didn’t turn around, by the time he passed us we were down to about 70mph

And then there was the CHP airplane, but he was flying passed us, and we were on the road by ourselves, so CHP was cool to us today, and I know they had to have pegged us on radar, at least the airplane had to have, and I am thinking the ground unit did also..

Hit the coast, had lunch and ran it back, and then we get back into town and Buzzlatka hooks me up and gives me a spare hump he had..

So that was the story of the day, Buzzlatka gets man of the day award, good ride, got home safe, not even a close call..

Here are some pics

This first one is when we stopped just before the first set of twisites, we had to clean our visors from the bugs (which will be the next pictures) This is Buzzlatka in the pic

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079652435 -->

DCP_0968.JPG

Ok, this is what our face shields looked like after about 40 minutes into the ride. I will never ever understand why ANYONE would WANT to ride without a full face helmet, just seems it would NOT be that much fun

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079652497 -->

DCP_0969.JPG

Here is a picture of the road we just came down that had the rolling hills, I dont know how many miles it was, but it was a good long stretch, I think we were on this road for like 15 - 20 minutes of just up and down. and pretty much straight.. it was fricken awesome.

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079651608 -->

DCP_0973.JPG

And one last pic of Buzzlatka and our Busa's.... And thanks again Buzzlatka, great time today

DCP_0974.JPG

FUGGIN' BEAUTIFUL, Thrasher!!!! Damnit! Hey, if I ever get my arse out there, ya gotta hook me up with some real estate deals! I'm seriously thinking about moving out there....probably by next year if I can find a steady job and a place to stay where the crime not is not that bad (is it bad in Hanford?) and where the prices aren't going to rape me like a pack of wild dogs. Not to mention a place where I can also store my baby...preferrably ground level so I can just wheel her in. Shid, with roads like that, you can bet I'll put on 1000+ miles a day! Any thoughts, partner?

Oh yeah, back to the original post....FUGGIN'AWESOME, man!! I would so love to have a stretch like that to ride. I dunno about bein' airborne at 120+, though. Just try and stay safe, dood. Glad that you and your buddy made it home crash and hassle free.

AWESOME!!!

But yeah

good for you i wish sometimes that i lived on the west coast my dad lives in huntinton beach and i vist every summer will be out there in july no busa though i dont think i would enjoy my busa out there as much as back my way with the exception of year round riding theres a lot more activity in cali then Pa and we have the pleasure of a lot of lazy cops that just are putting there time in where out there they are there to inforce the laws well either way gald to hear someones having a good time riding there bike we just got 4" of snow with 5 to 7 more on its way so i wont be riding for a little while
sad.gif

Dude, awesome sunshine we're having!!! I blasted around up here today, up and over San Bruno Mountain, lunch and back to the house.

Thrasher, ya need ta do the hump/handrail mod and the storage mod...

FUGGIN' BEAUTIFUL, Thrasher!!!! Damnit! Hey, if I ever get my arse out there, ya gotta hook me up with some real estate deals! I'm seriously thinking about moving out there....probably by next year if I can find a steady job and a place to stay where the crime not is not that bad (is it bad in Hanford?) and where the prices aren't going to rape me like a pack of wild dogs. Not to mention a place where I can also store my baby...preferrably ground level so I can just wheel her in. Shid, with roads like that, you can bet I'll put on 1000+ miles a day! Any thoughts, partner?

Oh yeah, back to the original post....FUGGIN'AWESOME, man!! I would so love to have a stretch like that to ride. I dunno about bein' airborne at 120+, though. Just try and stay safe, dood. Glad that you and your buddy made it home crash and hassle free.

AWESOME!!!

But yeah
Hey PB!!

Naw, crime rate is low here, small town. But in my local area price of realstate is going up, the base here is growing and it looks like the new JSF (Joing Strike Fighter) might be getting put on our base, if that happens our base will probably almost double in size.. And if THAT happens, supply and deman, prices will go up..

But yeah, good area, lots of good roads to ride around here, we have numerous roads that you can take to SLO, Santa Cruz, San Jose (coastal areas) Annd we have numerous roads that take you up into the mountains... We got it all...

AWESOME!!!

But yeah
Hey PB!!

Naw, crime rate is low here, small town. But in my local area price of realstate is going up, the base here is growing and it looks like the new JSF (Joing Strike Fighter) might be getting put on our base, if that happens our base will probably almost double in size.. And if THAT happens, supply and deman, prices will go up..

But yeah, good area, lots of good roads to ride around here, we have numerous roads that you can take to SLO, Santa Cruz, San Jose (coastal areas) Annd we have numerous roads that take you up into the mountains... We got it all...
Damn! Now I'm torn....the wife's gonna be in Texas to finish school, but I want some awesome riding like in Cali. Mebbe somewhere in AZ?

Shid...still awesome, man!! I dream of hitting those mountain twisties all the time....

Thrasher, wind musta felt really cool passin ova those shaved nads, eh?

heheh....just though I'd throw that in.
laugh.gif

Yeah shaved nads lol.... actually the weather was great today, and my leather jacket has long zippers on left and right side in front and back. when I unzip all the zipers it allows air to flow through my jacket, It keeps me AND my nads cool lol

Glad you had a good ride. Just more crap weather here. Another 6 inches of snow on its way.

Great pics! The bugs are pretty thick here too. Heck when you hit a june bug at 100+ it seems like it's going to come right through that thin shield & sounds like you were just shot.
laugh.gif

Back