Avon Road Hazard Warrenty: A+!!!

MeltDownZ

Registered
Well, seeing as my last 3 tires fell prey to nails, I went with the Avon AZ46 which has a road hazard warrenty. It's a sport touring tire which feels pretty good too. 1 month into having the new tire and wham, nail attack. I brought the tire to the dealer, faxed in the paperwork to Avon, and Shazam, a newly installed tire with $0 out of my pocket! All of the sudden I think I'm an Avon fan.

Awesome.... Got to hear. So, how you liken um? are they sticky enough for the twisties and durable enough for commuting

Awesome.... Got to hear.  So, how you liken um?  are they sticky enough for the twisties and durable enough for commuting
Here in Jax we don't have a lot of twisties. I would say that they are definetly not as sticky as my previous M1's. But, I would plow through the M1's every 2 months which was a problem. The AZ46's are wearing much better and feel good for sport-touring. If I were to go to Deal's Gap or do some other serious twisty riding I wouldn't be feel comfortable with them.

One thing I noticed when changing just the back tire from the Metlzer to the Avon that the bike didn't drop into turns as nice. Once I changed the front to an Avon the bike turned much better. I'm starting to think that makes a pretty good argument to have matched tires as they probably designed to work together in so far as curvatures.

Man I hope I don't burn up my M1's every two months.....

Shid I just need to get them on the bike. Nothing like having new tires just sit around collecting dust. Not enough time in the day.

I'm on my second set of Avon rears and here is what I have to say about them. They are almost as sticky as any other true sport tire (not track tires) and also wear almost as fast, I am going back to Pirelli next time as I got almost as many miles out of the Pirelli as the Avon, (within a couple hundred miles) and the Pirelli is king in my book !

I'm on my second set of Avon rears and here is what I have to say about them. They are almost as sticky as any other true sport tire (not track tires) and also wear almost as fast, I am going back to Pirelli next time as I got almost as many miles out of the Pirelli as the Avon, (within a couple hundred miles) and the Pirelli is king in my book !
Which Avon model did you have? Although I only had my first Avon for a month before it fell prey to a nail, it had less than 1mm of wear when measured by my dealer. My M1's would have been about 1/2 gone at that point.

I like the warranty thing alot ...

Tire opinions/arguments ... for me, Pirelli Diablo's rear tire ( the standard one ) was great for about 1000 miles ... then dropped off dramatically, really bad ... pretty much done in 1500 miles
sad.gif
I have several sets of Bridgestone 010's I liked em they were predictable I used to break em loose alot but I knew how far to push em... I am now on a set of Dunlop 208's and I like em. Metzeler M1 would be the way to go if you can afford it. Awesome - smooth and stickey ... I ride em on my cousins ZX12 alot but very little mileage out em
sad.gif
So the conclusion is : It's all about the rider, what u like and how u ride ...
wink.gif
my 2 penny's worth ...

sad.gif

I put avon 45 front/46 rear . I  like them alot .Plus they had the 200 size I wanted,Sticks as good as the stock tires.(my Opinion)looks great, nimble  on the twisties too. strong tire . good wear.good price I will get them as my third set too ,thats my .02 cents

<!--EDIT|chamalk
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098755600 -->

Well not to toot my own horn but Cycle Gear has been offering Motoguard for some time now. At least the 3 years that I have worked there. Not only on Avon tires but on all tubeless street tires. You can go to any Cycle Gear and they will let you know about the offer. Glad Avon took care of you! They are great tires but I think the Mich powers are going to be the shiznit!!!

Back