Average life of stock gen 1 clutch?

djsin

Lily's Daddy
Registered
I have a 2007 I'm averaging about 10,000 miles a year on her(currantly @ 19600)...I was curious as to what mileage other members have had to replace the original stock clutch? Mine still seems to be working as good as new...and I beat the piss out of my bike..lol also when I do replace it I will do a spring upgrade and beef up the clutch cylinder cover so it wont fracture...what after market clutch's are you guys using? barnett? what do you guys prefere? I dont drag that much but do 2-3 times a summer and I do have nos, 99% of my riding is on the street in traffic.....

good ? I would like to know that as well but i only use my clutch to take off and downshift and i will be doing some drag racing. DJSIN we need to get together this season and ride.:thumbsup:

I got 33k on mine and so far its like new. no drag racing. just street and highway. except for the dragon a few times a year. :laugh:

My '03 has 55,000+ miles on it. Doesn't seem to be having any issues but I ride it like a grandpa.

:laugh:

--Wag--

38000 on my 05 no issues beat the snot out of it every time i turn the key:laugh:

37k, and I do much about the same....no knock-knock-grab here.... :super: It "will" get a fresh one before the Stampede though with fresh springs..... :thumbsup:

i did my clutch on a 07 with only 7k on the clock.. the problem is the weak pacs in the clutch.. if you track the bike and are on the top end on 6th gear .... you will fry the packs in just one day..... and trust me you think you beat your bike.... should come and ride with us.... on a sunday... go to shnitz racing and get a clutch kit.... i have put my 3th pack last week... its a breaze under 20 min job

56,000 on my 02 with no trouble and 43,000 on my 06le with no trouble

When you do replace the clutch, stock components are considered the best.I also media blasted the steels to save a little money.They looked new when done:thumbsup:.
I inspected my clutch at 23,000(turbo install) expecting to change it out,was like new.10,000 miles later....not so new:whistle:.:beerchug:

I have my buddies motor torn down to bare cases wright now, the clutch has 52000 miles on now!
The plates are mint, and are going back in with new springs!
As for replacement clutches, i would not use anything but OEM plates, steel and fibers. Even with a lock-up as on another friends turbo bike pushing over 400hp at the wheel, he is also running stock plates!
I've tried the barnett plate with no good out come, but a waste of money! Three thousand miles later.
As for the slave cylinder support, if your going to beat on the bike its a must do mod!

Back