Automated dinner

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Wifey started working, so now I have to help cooking dinner. Put my Engineering hat on and purchased a slow cooker, which I can control remote from my Iphone.

So, when it is my turn to cook dinner, I load the crock-pot with a nice recipe before leaving for work, then around 1:30PM or whatever works, I start it from my phone while at the office, set the temperature, set the cook time and wala, when I get home and walk into the kitchen, dinner is ready.

Now I have to just figure out how to automate the recipe. :laugh:

Oh please don't let Omar know this is a thing...

Mr. Gadget has enough gadgets as it is, plus he works FROM HOME. I could so see him controlling the crock pot that's 20 steps away from his desk with his iPhone "just because there's an app for that"... :banghead:

app.jpg

You AND your wife work? Must be nice. And you can't afford to go out to dinner? :laugh:

Time is the problem, go out, come back and the evening is gone. Depending where you go, I think sometimes it is actually cheaper to eat out than cook at home. Then there is the healthy eating part to keep weight in check. :banghead:

They have ovens that will cool the food all day and then cook it in time to be ready when you get home. Dump the stuff in and set the timer! I love to cook so I have to have my gas cook top!

They have these tiny things called kids, and if you train 'em right, they'll fix meals for you too...you might be able to rent one or two :laugh:

Oh, you wanted edible food?! Shoot, scratch the tiny kids then...I've eaten what they fix, and it can be a bit dicey :rofl:

I bought a "fast slow cooker" AKA pressure cooker a few months ago. It is amazing what pressure will do to reduce the times. I've always felt a bit uneasy about leaving raw food in a slow cooker for several hours before it started cooking. A few batches of beans, chili, stew, and some amazing Carne Asada. All in 30-60 minutes. I'm hooked.

FastCooker.JPG

I can see you controlling the power with some sort of web switch but how are you doing the temperature and timer?

Time is the problem, go out, come back and the evening is gone. Depending where you go, I think sometimes it is actually cheaper to eat out than cook at home. Then there is the healthy eating part to keep weight in check. :banghead:

Pros and Cons to most things.

IF you go out though, you don't have to clean up and that has to be worth some time, right? And energy as you probably clean with hot water, right?
And soap, and you might even have on a light. :laugh:

Plus if you go out you can take the Busa for a ride. :thumbsup:

I AGREE you have to choose carefully when going out if you want to keep it healthy.

hey, can you call my house and have dinner waiting for me tomorrow evening? :thumbsup:

Yoo hoo...I know where you can come get some yummy lasagna!!! This is me, tempting my friend to the east :D

:thumbsup: not much longer, it's still a little chilly and the weather too iffy to take off on a long trip...can't wait to see you guys and get another plate (or three) of that lasagna!! :beerchug:

Back