Autocom PTT Mod

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
When riding with Captain the other day, he told me my radio was cutting out and I wanted to make this mod anyway.
I removed the Autocom (PTT) push to talk. Doing this I lost the constant transmit and vox options, I never used them.
A little soldering and rewiring and the flash to pass button is now the radio transmit button. I never used the flash to pass button either. With the HID high beam it was useless.

IMG_3806.jpg

IMG_3811.jpg

Oh sure put the pressure on for me to do this too..... looks good

you were supposed to help, you have the superior soldering skill. :thumbsup:

I did that when I traded to the Gen II, cause I didn't want the switch from Autocom zip tied to the bar. I also wired the privacy switch into the hazard switch, I never used it either.

So your old flash to pass switch wires are capped off and sitting inside the switch housing? Did you simply cut off the AutoCom switch and solder the wires onto the flash to pass switch?

I am going to try and hard wire my garage door opener through the flash to pass switch when I finally get some time on my hands.

Sweet.. :thumbsup: I can't wait to upgrade to the Autocom.. Oh Honey..... :whistle: :laugh:

Would it be ok to keep the flash to pass and piggy back the new "switched accessory" without affecting either the high beam or the accessory, adversely? Would I have to add something in-line to prevent damage to either system? I'm trying to hook up a garage door opener which is a small 3v unit. I was going to solder some wires to the garage door remote button and hook it up to the flash to pass switch.

I can do simple electrical stuff but I'm a bit lost about the two system coexisting on the same switch.

Thanks guys!

Back