Australia - Gen2 RCC Stage 1 Kit Build

Incredible work sir! Definitely share some videos if you would be so kind. I appreciate the write up too.

Do you have a dragy by chance? I’d love to see some times there if you do that at all.

Reactions: VNE
I forgot to mention I installed the Clutch Slave Cylinder support bracket made by "Exoticycle" from Schnitz Racing.
Also bought the fixed Brocks rear lowering links rather than the adjustable window type. 2-3" lowered in the rear was plenty.
20230130_213222.jpg

I didnt think the gen 2 needed a slave support and window links are way better to adjust and setup more.

It’s all good Jeff, you can’t make everyone happy. The slave support probably doesn’t hurt and the lowering links are probably good enough.

I have the Brock’s window links and recall others saying they are no good and the Soupys are the ones to get.

I’m waiting to see some onboard riding footage still. :D

I didnt think the gen 2 needed a slave support and window links are way better to adjust and setup more.
Unfortunately in this case, yes. Newton's Third Law came into affect.
I could see the slave cylinder was visibly flexing under hydraulic pressure when opposing higher spring pressure therefore reducing clutch effectiveness. Luckily, support brackets are made for the gen 2. I didn't want to wait for it to fatigue and crack.

Now that the support bracket is installed, the clutch lever no longer feels spongy and the clutch grabs closer to the bar. It's also a more positive and reliable feel. There's more bounce back in the lever.

Window links are great; they're also nearly $200. Cost per inch varies a lot it seems. I only need a 2" drop to match the Trac Dynamics 2" drop front fork inserts, but it seems I've been ghosted on that order since October last year. He is impossible to get in contact with. Maybe I'll try Morse Code next time because telephones and amicable emails don't provoke any response.
My bank is investigating and hopefully I get a chargeback to my account, or possibly insurance claim, but I don't like my chances. I may just write it off as a learning experience when purchasing stuff from abroad.

Update:

5000 km later of endless Hayabusa fun and many, many boosts, I forgot to factor in during the build that by installing higher tension valve springs which naturally puts more tension on the cam lobes and in turn requires more chain pressure to rotate the cam shafts, definitely needs a heavy duty cam chain and gears! I thought 300HP would be ok, but nope! I will measure the stretch comparison to a new chain and post back here.

Pulling the engine out back very out very soon to replace it all and change out a few other things and install an RCC Throttle Body Clamp and ditch those rubber boots. I'll take some pics.

I tell people I'm actually excited to break open the engine again and they pull a face at me. Well, if I paid someone to do this all for me, I wouldn't learn anything right?

Taking a nice long break from work soon so I'm keen to work on this beast again! @JeffSyh you are right, I'll never be finished with this beautiful machine called the Hayabusa. I'm addicted.

Back