Austin, TEXAS riders - A request

gsferrari

Registered
Hi,

My name is GS (that will do for now...I am from India and my name is a little shorter than the Boeing 747 that brought me into this country) and I recently moved to the Austin TX area. Ive been looking for a Busa since I got here and I havent yet pulled the trigger for several reasons. I dont trust the dealers and I dont know the bike.

This is where you can help me. I would like to check out your ride...understand the mechanics, the issues, do's and dont's, ownership pains and pleasures, maintenance...riding tips...

Basically spend some time with the local riders and get to know the Busa up close and personal.

In exchange I will introduce you to my "profession" and "hobby" which are mixed into one - High end headphone audio.

I will also supply the beverages and the pizza for whoever is willing to spend the time and show off their ride
smile.gif

Let me know!!

email : guru at gurushankar dot com
web : www.gurushankar.com

ph: 813-841-4312

thanks!

gs

A Head-fi.org guy are you? Ive spent some time there, though I am into just high end audio and regular speakers.

You Pmed me...I am not in Austin.
smile.gif

You want to fly out here to WA ill gladly show you my bike.

Have you ridden a bike before? It does not sound like it.

Yes I do ride but i've never come close to a moving Busa
smile.gif

You mentioned I-35 and I thought of that stinking rotten interstate that runs through my town
smile.gif

Anyone in Austin?

smile.gif

Hey man..i am from austin...Come out to Palmer lane and 1431 around 8pm on saturday nights. Its the home depot parking lot. Alot of us Busa guys go there to see the car shows. Somtimes i am on the busa, and other times i am in a Red Viper Gts.

There are BUSA GODS there that know everything about the Busa...

Hi,

My name is GS (that will do for now...I am from India and my name is a little shorter than the Boeing 747 that brought me into this country) and I recently moved to the Austin TX area. Ive been looking for a Busa since I got here and I havent yet pulled the trigger for several reasons. I dont trust the dealers and I dont know the bike.

This is where you can help me. I would like to check out your ride...understand the mechanics, the issues, do's and dont's, ownership pains and pleasures, maintenance...riding tips...

Basically spend some time with the local riders and get to know the Busa up close and personal.

In exchange I will introduce you to my "profession" and "hobby" which are mixed into one - High end headphone audio.

I will also supply the beverages and the pizza for whoever is willing to spend the time and show off their ride
smile.gif

Let me know!!

email : guru at gurushankar dot com
web : www.gurushankar.com

ph: 813-841-4312

thanks!

gs
Buy one and wack the throtle open.... there is nothing more to know!! The force will guide you
tounge.gif

Hey man..i am from austin...Come out to Palmer lane and 1431 around 8pm on saturday nights. Its the home depot parking lot. Alot of us Busa guys go there to see the car shows. Somtimes i am on the busa, and other times i am in a Red Viper Gts.

There are BUSA GODS there that know everything about the Busa...
Ok as an Austin n00b can you tell me how to get there?

I am on Research Blvd. 183N off the Anderson Mill Exit.

TOMORROW NIGHT
smile.gif
I would appreciate it if we can meet up and if I can check out the Busa there. LMK.

gs

Buy one and wack the throtle open.... there is nothing more to know!! The force will guide you
tounge.gif
You are just evil
smile.gif

Gixxer Thou AND the Busa?

Wanna sell the Busa in India? Lemme know.

BTW - how do you afford this stuff? What do you do for a living? Man...I am scratching pennies together. I dont want to "FINANCE" the bike
sad.gif
I prefer purchasing outright...

gah

<!--EDIT|gsferrari
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123851667 -->

I'm from there, but don't get down there much these days. Good luck on the road to life!
biggrin.gif

Hey man...i live right in that area too. 1 live off the exit right ebfore anderson mill...

for you continue north on 183...exit 620..I think you can actually stay on the feeder becuz there is alot of construction...you will pass golds gym, and lakline mall blvd...620 is after that.

Go right on 620 until it hits Palmer Lane. Exit...turn left at the light. Now drive down palmer until hits 1431..You will see a huge shopping center to your left, with and HEB shopping center to your right. A whataburger also. We are in the HOME Depot parking lot. There will be TONS of cars, but the busa guys park in the front right next to home depot.

Thats it.

Hey you TEXAS (Austin) guys. Why don't we plan some sort of get-together in the Austin, Dallas, or Fort Worth area. There is a good number of you guys from Texas and I can't believe that we haven't planned a get-together yet. There are plenty of riders here from the Houston area who would probably love to make the short trip for something like this. I live in Lake Charles, La, but my girlfriend lives in Austin... just off Wells Branch Parkway. I drive down fairly often, and sometimes bring Kennedy with me. I also let Johnnycheese tune my bike for me. So how about you Texas guys?
rock.gif

Back