August ride

Racer 222

The rider formerly known as Howlin_Mad
Donating Member
Registered
Ok let me begin this one with a big THANKS TO BRENNANOP(OWEN)  He took me through the town and we got the hotel.

Ok here is the hotel info:

COMFORT INN
2462 E. COLORADO BLVD
PASADENA, CA 91107

I put the address so you all can make maps to get you from your door to your room!  

I talked to LOBUSA today and she says she is down for 4 rooms.  I need to know what "KAWAFASKI" needs as far as a room and Jester as well.  These rooms seem to fill up fast so I would like to be on the phone to them tomorrow night if possible.  I will get all the rooms at a military rate which isn't all that.  Same as AAA.  If you all need anything else to get you here just holler!!  

Went up and down Angles Crest today and it was a blast.  Owen was a great guide!!  You all will love that ride and that will go Friday.  There is a Denny's two blocks from the hotel and I don't think security will be an issue.  Please get back to me with the info on the rooms as quickly as possible.  You can email me at raptor00@cox.net or feel free to call me at (760)583-4287 if i'm not there please leave a message and I will call you back!!!  Look forward to meeting you all....

Marc "Howlin Mad" :usa:

PS.  Room prices are $66 plus tax.  Need to know who wants 2 beds in the room or just one!

smile.gif
Hey you guys just a suggestion , but it couldn't hurt to bring a couple extra cables & locks. Lock several bikes together. If you have a paging alarm, all the better. Have fun, ( I'm jealous ) I will be there next year! - Aloha / Kent

" ride fast - take no prisioners "

Great suggestion Hawaii!! I wil see what I can come up with. Maybe I will just get a Marine from here to come up with me and stand guard. NAH... He would want to ride too
smile.gif
Sorry you can't make it bro...

put me down for a room with one bed and lots of space, I plan on wheelin the busa in the room with me I sleep next to my baby. Sounds kinda korny but it works and dont have to worry about theft, I know the truck will be fine but the busa is like a little kid, you just dont want to let it out of your sights. so ground floor and a room for one.

The fun is about to begain!!!!

Thanks Marc, I have to give it to you Marines, you put it a hell of a lot of miles yesterday. I'll have to get over to GMR and check that out too.

Looks like it's all coming together now, can't wait!

aktion035.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion035.gif
aktion033.gif

hey guys!! sounds like this is all coming together!! can't wait!! thanks for doing all the leg work...

Lo-Busa
biggrin.gif

aktion035.gif

aktion033.gif

Jester got you!!! Will try to comply with the first floor thing!! I am just waiting for Kawafaski to get back with me and the room order will be put in... It is all together so if you all need anything else let me know... I am here to serve.

When is this get-together planned? Maybe I can ride in from Vegas. As long as the A/C is working on the Busa...

Snyders2 the dates are the 23-25 of August. One more note to all concerned. I need to know what dates you want your rooms for. I know speaking for me I will get there early on the 23rd and checkout on the 25th. For some of you out of towners I am not sure if you want to shoot for getting here on the 22nd since our first ride will be the 23rd. Let me know what you all have going in that regard so no one is left out in the cold.

Lo I know you said you were coming down on Thursday so let me know if you will need the room that night and I will hook it up.

Jester and Kawafaski let me know when you are planning on arriving so I can make sure your rooms are ready. I may have to coordinate with BRENNANOP to be the welcoming committee for you all as I have to work that day. The more detailed info you all give me the better I can setup things for everyone. Please feel free to email me directly at raptor00@cox.net or call (760)583-4287. Thanks and looking forward to meeting you all...

Thnx Howlin..fer thinkin of me..I am sad though that only, maybe five Busa's ..are gonna be there....I reluctantly decline to ride down....I know it would be fun..anyway....Hope you guy's post some pic's..then i'll find out a bunch more showed up......would'a been fun to ride down with Lobusa..and some others..from up north....
confused.gif

No worries bro! You will be missed as will all the members that can't make it!

HEY Kawafaski!!!

awww man, too far for too few bikes??? you can meet me in the Bay Area on thurs if you want to go down there together... were you planning on riding your bike or trailering? it's going to be fun! there will be more bikes from the LA area just meeting us for the rides!!!! let me know what works for ya, it would be great to have you come along!!!!!!!! come on!!! (i am trying to give you peer pressure) smile......
smile.gif

Lo
lookaround.gif

Howlin'... thanks, this sounds cool. I got to check on my work schedule a little closer before I can committ. So, what is the schedule of events? It is probably posted somewhere here. Mainly, what time do you guys expect to take off each day and return, in case I can make it for one night only.

Thanks

Thnx LoBusa..IF..big IF..I go ,i would ride..the Mighty Busa....
Would'a been fun if others were to ride down..from No.Cal.
Post info..about how many are maybe gonna show...Got our shirts..
Would be a really cool group photo..Thnx Captain..they came today..Wife and i are Happy  
biggrin.gif

Howlin..thnx too man..will see what happens..could be a last minute desicion....and leave the Tahoe area early thursday..and try to find a place to sleep..under a bridge..hehe.
wink.gif

OK Gang by my count I need to order 4 rooms.

1 LO and Sis
2 LO's friendx2
3 Jester
4 Howlin Mad

Makes for 6 riders. 4 Busas and 2 others. I have been drumming interest up in the LA area. So hopefully we will get more of a turn out from the locals. Not to mention most of all Brennanop will be leading the pack. If anyone out there changes there mind let me know as soon as possible. I will be putting in the reservations tomorrow.

Sorry Howlin' et al., I have to be in Pheonix for business starting on Sunday. So I am out. But, I am definetly into a ride to the LA area on a suitable weekend. Likewise, I invite you all to Las Vegas for a fun filled weekend with some great local rides. Of course, it will be better around here in another month...

I think we'll get more riders the closer we get to the date.  I have two friends, Ducati and an R1, that can only come on Sat or Sun.  Let me know when you guys will be getting here so I can meet you at the hotel.  

We also need to nail down the when and where and post it so the people who are only coming for the day can meet us there.  

I'll have to get over to Pasadena again and check out a spot, maybe the Rose Bowl, everybody (local) should know how to get there.

OK all the hotel has been reserved and I have the confirmation number. Please email me at home and I will send that out to all of you so if you get there before I do you won't have any trouble getting into your room. My email is raptor00@cox.net

Brennanop you will probably be there before I will on Thursday since I will be at work until 5 or so and then a 2 hour ride up there. So I will be there around 7 or 8.

I will be there. Just let me know about what time you guys are going to be arriving.

A few people who expressed interest before,
Schmud0811
Sterling+8
Still interested?

Marc, is BigGar coming up?
I'm going to mail Cetrov too.

I think BigGar may come up for some rides but I don't think he will be staying up there. Not sure what his schedule is but I will give him a call tonight and see what he has going on.

Back